Senior Seafood Safety (HACCP), & Quality Specialist
|Title:Senior Seafood Safety (HACCP), &Quality Specialist.
|Location:Hargeisa/ Mogadishu.||Duration:1year (Renewable)|
Growth, Enterprise, Employment & Livelihoods (GEEL) is 5-year USAID-funded project designed to promote and facilitate inclusive economic growth in Southern Somalia, Puntland and Somaliland. The project is currently focusing on the agricultural sector (dairy, fisheries, sesame and banana) but is anticipated to expand in the future into other sectors of the economy. It will also seek to strengthen the business enabling environment through improving access to finance, policy and regulation, and business development services. Particular focus will be given to increase the participation of women and youth in the economy as entrepreneurs, employers, and employees.
General Responsibilities – Senior Seafood Safety & Quality Specialist
- Lead GEEL’s HACCP certification and implementation program.
- Oversee and complement the activities of all HACCP contractors hired by the GEEL project.
- Assist with all aspects of the quality system including the corrective action, preventative action, document management, internal audits and the process improvement process for the fishery companies so as to maintain the HACCP certification system.
- Assist the Somalia Government to meet international export requirements for seafood.
- Perform training as required.
- Establish quality systems for seafood processors and fish vendors shops.
- Assist with third party HACCP audits.
- Assist with seafood sampling tests as required by HACCP.
- 10 fish export businesses HACCP certified.
- HACCP the governments minimum export standard requirement.
- Quality systems and documents for 25 fish shops produced.
- Robust system for fish quality sampling established.
- Any other tasks assigned by the COP
The HACCP specialist will report to Fishery Team leader and will have technical direction and tasking from the Chief of Party
- Bachelor’s Degree in Food Science, Environmental Science or related field. Master qualification will be an added advantage. At least 10 years of relevant work experience in Food related activities preferably in Somalia.
- At least 7 years of experience in working in Seafood, Quality assurance service delivery, experience for Donor requirement is added advantage.
- Experience in working HACCP related activities
- Knowledge of HACCP certification processes
- Ability to work within a team of professional staff from diverse technical and cultural backgrounds.
- Excellent oral and written English and Somali Language skills;
- Honest and trustworthy;
- Ability to work independently and as part of team;
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office programs (Word & Excel);
- Well-organized and able to perform effectively within tight deadlines;
- Hard-working, self-motivated and possessing a positive attitude;
- Ability to travel throughout Somalia/ Somaliland
- Ability to interact with variousorganizations and government stakeholders on behalf of the project and creating exposure.
How to apply:
Interested applicants who meet the above requirements can submit updated CV and cover letter to Jobs@sogeel.org with subject line specifically indicating: Application for Senior Seafood Safety & Quality Assurance Specialist – Mogadishu/ Hargeisa
Deadline by May 21st, 2019