Senior Water Supply Engineer
|1. Job Title||Senior Water Supply Engineer|
|2. Department||Water Resources|
|Section||Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit|
|3. Assignment Location||Mogadishu, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources|
|4. Grade Level||Grade A level 2|
|5. Reporting To||The Director of Water Resources|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The Senior of Water Supply Engineer will be responsible for the supervision and training of employees in the Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit.|
|7. Job Purpose||The Senior of Water Supply Engineer is Investigate and evaluate economic and environmental perspective in terms of improvements of rural water supply, which is required to achieve standards of service under the regulatory compliance within the framework of commercial objectives.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||· Characterizing the Rural Water Supply Designing.
· Evaluating long-term trends in Rural Water Supply Systems.
· Assessing new or emerging issues of Rural Water Supply Systems.
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||The duties and responsibilities as a Senior Rural Water Supply Engineer include to:
· Evaluate the current and existing rural water supply design/service, suggest any changes considers appropriate and conduct analyses and propose a water supply system design to determine their compliance.
· Conduct the assessment of water needs, available water resources and the capacity of existing rural water supply systems and advise on any improvements necessary to achieve standards of service.
· Identify suitable rural water sources on both surface water and subsurface/ground water resources, and design accordingly.
· Evaluate and design of rural water supply system to maximize their efficiency, and minimize their hydrological effects, climate change impacts and their maintenance requirements.
· Design of rural water supply systems in general and propose the most appropriate technologies for the local needs, institutional capacity, environment, sustainability, and operation and maintenance capacities, etc.
· Design rural water supply systems including pipe trenching, laying, thrust blocks, pressure testing, access for cleaning/repair, pumping, power supply, water quality monitoring.
· Develop a water quantity estimation methodology, water consumption rate, fluctuations in rate of demand, design period, and population forecasting methods.
· Lead the team in developing systematic tools for day to day implementation, ensuring compliance with established rural water supply system and groundwater guideline standards.
· Guide and support on developing implementation, design and monitoring tools to be used by the team to make sure that relevant information is being collected to inform strategy and implementation, and to ensure accountability and learning.
· Work as part of a project team and undertake responsible of planning, design of development, calculations, presentations, and overall project development.
· Interact with clients and prepare future projects with proposal development.
· Prepare design calculations, drawings, and specifications for water pipelines and pumping stations in rural area
· Conduct technical evaluations to support planning and design related to water systems.
· Review project design on groundwater and surface water studies, drilling procedures.
· Undertake team leadership; supervise the project technical team, and other employees.
· Provide technical supports that involves scheduled assignment, instruct, guide, and check work performance. Guide staff to overcome difficulties encounters and maintain remediation of errors and ratification complaints.
|11. Education and Qualifications||
|12. Experience||Essential experience and skills:
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Governance
· Change management
· Leadership and development
· Problem-solving techniques
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Project management
· Performance measurement
· Team building and management
· Monitoring and evaluation
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Focuses on outcomes
· Gives purpose and direction
· Thinks strategically
· Involves people in decision-making
· Communicates effectively
· Demonstrates commitment to organization/ corporate decisions
· Displays an intelligent awareness of the political environment
· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
Kindly submit your CV and covering letter to HR@moewr.gov.so cc firstname.lastname@example.org why you are interested in this position and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the position. Your CV letter should also include details of 2 referees.