Senior Water Supply Expert -HWA
|Invitation for Applications|
|Project Holder||Hargeisa Water Agency|
|Project||Proposed Drilling of Borehole at Laasdhure and connecting them to the|
|Geed Deeble pumping station|
|Fund||Somaliland Development Fund Phase 2|
|IFA Title||Senior Water Supply Expert|
The Somaliland Development Fund – Phase 2 (SDF2) covers the period 2018-2023. SDF2 is conceived as an inclusive economic development programme. It supports the GoSL in delivering infrastructure that is relevant for inclusive economic development. It focuses on sustainable investments that spur job creation and fast growth, while at the same time laying the foundation for long-term resilience and development, leading to a more stable and peaceful Somaliland. SDF2’s support is fully aligned with government priorities as defined in the National Development Plan 2 (NDP2) 2017-2021 and reflect the priorities set out in Somaliland Vision 2030.
Hargeisa Water Agency (HWA) has developed a Project Concept Note for a project to drill and equip three (3) boreholes in Laasdhure, equip a fourth borehole (drilled under SDF1) and connect these to the newly completed Geed Deeble pumping station. This concept note has been approved by the SDF2 Joint Steering Committee (JSC).
The SDF Secretariat is therefore seeking the services of a Senior Water Supply Short-Term Expert (STE) to support the HWA in conducting the necessary preliminary consultations, assessments and development of a full project proposal.
Required Qualifications, Skills and Experience
Qualifications and skills
- Master’s Degree or equivalent in Civil Engineering or Water Engineering;
- Demonstrated excellent command of spoken and written English; and
- Excellent interpersonal and diplomatic skills.
General professional experience
- Extensive previous experience (minimum 12 years) in implementing urban water and sanitation projects in fragile and conflict affected countries;
- Registered with a recognised Engineering body;
- Proven understanding of Project Cycle Management (PCM), Logical Framework Approach (LFA);
- Demonstrated experience in conducting feasibility appraisal and design of urban water supply systems for medium to large cities/towns; and
- Demonstrated understanding of the contribution of the water sector to economic development.
Specific professional experience
- At least 8 years’ experience in designing and supervising/managing projects related to urban water development in fragile and conflict affected countries;
- Designed and wrote at least one project proposal for an urban water system in the last three years; and
- Conducted at least one feasibility or prefeasibility study for an urban water system in the last three years.
How to apply
Interested candidates should send their application (cover letter and CV) to the Somaliland Development Fund Secretariat through e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Candidates should indicate in their cover letter how they fit the criteria outlined in the advert. All applications must be received by 27 April 2019 at 1600hrs East African Standard Time. Applicants should clearly indicate the position they are applying for in the email subject line. Full Terms of Reference can be accessed on the SDF website through the link https://www.somalilanddevelopmentfund.org/opportunities-open
Any attempt by a candidate to influence the outcome of the recruitment process in any way which can be interpreted as canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification from being considered for this position.
This Consultancy is open to Somaliland and International Candidates.
Women candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.