Shaqodoon Local Coordinator
Shaqodoon Local Coordinator – Abudwak
Shaqodoon is a non-profit, non-governmental organizationfunded in 2011. The organization prepares and links jobseekers with the local business community, other potential employers, and over and above encourage the youth to develop an entrepreneurial culture. Through demand and needs-based support, Shaqodoon provides training and coaching to private sector companies with the aim of creating new employment opportunities for youth. Shaqodoon provides mobile enabled services including SMS and Interactive Voice Response (IVR) feedback systems, market information systems, investment platforms and more recently crowdfunding platforms linked to local mobile money services and remittances.
The main responsibility of the Local Coordinator (Business Coach) is to provide business training and support toa district-level consultation forum (DCF) in Abudwaq – to be established under project – which will identify possible productive investments aimed at boosting the economic development of Abudwak district.
Scope of Work
The Local Coordinator (Business Coach) will be responsible for the following tasks:
- Carry out training on leadership and financial literacy to female community representatives in the district-level forum (DCF), which will be established under the project with support from the project coordinator (Governance) of DRC.
- Participate to the appraisal of the productive infrastructure(s) identified by the DCF, following a consultation process led by the District Authorities of Abudwak with support from DRC.
- Support the DCF to carry out awareness campaigns for the productive investment(s) that the DCF previously identified.
- Support the DCF to open mobile and bank accounts and to have them linked to the SOKAAB platform (see sokaab.com).
- Support the DCF to prepare a business plan for the productive infrastructure(s) that has been selected for co-funding by the project. The business plan will provide expected revenuesthrough user fees and estimated operational costs. It will also provide options for the management of the productive infrastructure(s), i.e. short-term lease to a private operator.
- Carry out training on business and financial management for members of the districts administration and the DCF that will oversee the management of the infrastructure(s).
- Must have outstanding oral and written communications and relationship skills and
- Must be willing to perform other duties as required.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Educational Qualification: Bachelor’s degree in Economics, Developmental studies or Business administration.
- Experience: A minimum of five years of technical experience in a senior program capacity working on Business Development.
- Experience of working in a consortium settings is highly desirable.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills and demonstrated the ability to work with multiple stakeholders.
- Strong focus on innovation and learning, and a proven ability to facilitate learning amongst a varied group of actors.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Somali is desired.
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work Environment: Abdudwak-based environment with frequent travel to other Galmudug Locations and Mogadishu.
- Available to represent Shaqodoon at Galmudug Meetings
To apply for this position, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with the Subject: “Local Coordinator – Abudwak”. The email should contain your CV as an attachment and a cover letter; within the email provide name and contact details of 3 professional references. Application closes at 12 a.m. on September 22nd, 2018.
Shaqodoon is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes applicants from all gender, age, and disability status.