Site Maintenance Assistant
|UN WORLD FOOD PROGRAMME – SOMALIA|
|VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. 036/2018|
|Post Title:||Site Maintenance Assistant|
|Contract type:||Service Contract|
|Date of issue:||19 July 2018|
|Closing Date:||1 August 2018|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct technical supervision of the Administration Assistant, and overall supervision of Administration/Finance Officer, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties and responsibilities:
- Maintain order in the stationery and spare part store and responsible for issuing spare parts;
- Coordinate and support cleaning services to ensure organized and safe work environment;
- Perform basic electric repairs and alert the office of any major electricity faults for further action;
- Conduct electricity meter reading and record the readings on a daily basis;
- Plan, coordinate and provide a variety of site maintenance and installation works, to ensure preventative maintenance is carried out regularly ensuring well-functioning equipment;
- Perform regular and ad hoc installations, repairs and maintenance of plumbing systems and components to ensure all installations meet established safety standards;
- Compile and provide accurate reports on works undertaken, services provided, materials procured and used for installation and repairs including accurate generator fuel log books;
- Maintain generators at the warehouse, changing oil, refueling and general service on routine basis;
- Check lighting and monitor high voltage night lumps during loading and offloading at the warehouse;
- Assist in providing big lamps for night shift loading/offloading;
- Switch office electricity and generators when is unstable;
- Record generator running hours. Switch off all equipment after working hours to minimize power consumption;
- Prepare daily reports on fuel consumption;
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education: Completion of secondary school education.
Experience: Two or more years of related experience in site maintenance and record keeping procedures.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge: Knowledge of machine operations, use of cleaning materials and safety precautions. General knowledge of UN system policies, rules, regulations and procedures governing administration.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications only according to the following procedures:
- All applications must include an accurately filled in Personal History Form (P11) available at the following link: http://www.unon.org/docs/P11.doc and a cover letter to be sent by e-mail to HR-SOM@wfp.org
- Quote the Vacancy Announcement number, job title and location;
- Hand delivered applications will not be accepted;
- Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded; Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.