MAG Somalia Job Description
|Job Title:||Site Supervisor|
|Location:||Kismayo, Jubaland State,|
|Closing Date||23rd September 2018|
MAG’s Vision: A safe and secure future for men, women and children affected by armed violence and conflict.
MAG’s Mission: MAG saves lives and builds futures by working with others to reclaim land contaminated with the debris of conflict, to reduce the daily risk of death or injury for civilians, and to create safe and secure conditions for development.
Overview of role:
Reporting to the MAG NCM Somalia, the Site Supervisor will be responsible for supervising the construction projects in Kismayo. Alternatively, the post holder will closely work with the Liaison Officer in Kismayo.
- Oversee contractors’ activities and give them guidance on the best tools to use in order to produce good workmanship.
- Assist in identifying problems and guiding contractors on how to correct the problems.
- Ensure contractors are constantly present and working on site to carry out their works in order to complete project within timeline and report if the contractor not present/discontinue related works on site.
- Ensure that any instructions issued to contractors are technically sound, followed and implemented.
- Instruct the contractor to maintain cleanliness of site at all time.
- Monitor the conduct of the contractors and report to NCM/ICM for future performance review.
- Assist NCM in developing work packages for each armoury/ammo store to provide clear details of the work to be undertaken.
- Ensure site visit plan for coming week submitted to NCM/ICM every Thursday Morning.
- Make sure no accidents / incidents occur.
- Identify any unsafe practices on site and advice contractors’ personnel on any safety measures to be taken on site during the project implementation.
- Keep Daily Records of site visits and duration and submit to NCM on the 30th day of every month.
- Report to office first through NCM before any field work.
- Ensure NCM is informed of all incidences (absence on duties, delays in reporting to the area of assignment, etc.)
- Daily report forwarded to NCM by 3pm.
- Ensure site is ready for QA visit by TFM-TL/TFM/ICM/NCM.
- Maintain deadlines as given by NCM/ICM or TFMs to complete the assignment given.
- Create folders and keep all relevant documents in your drop box/hard disc for future use.
All MAG staff are expected to undertake the following general duties:
- Work within the framework of MAG’s core values, promoting its ethos and mission statement.
- Work towards achieving programme and/or department business plan objectives
- Ensure familiarity with and adhere to all MAG policies and procedures including but not limited to the Policy on Personal Conduct, Dignity and Work and Equal Opportunities Policy.
- Undertake and apply learning from appropriate training and development programmes.
- Undertake any other duties as may be required.
- Have a minimum of Diploma Certificate in Civil engineering or related field
- Have Min of 2+ years of experience in construction projects
- Speak English fluently
- Have good communication skills
- Know some managerial skills
This is a national Position
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their cover letters and CV (including 3 references) to HR.SOM@maginternational.org by 23rd September 2018. Please note the applications will be reviewed on rolling basis.