Social and Behavior Change Communications Coordinator
Title:Social and Behavior Change Communications Coordinator
Chemonics is recruiting for several technical positions for an anticipated $47-49 million USD education program in Somalia. The program will work to increase enrollment in alternative education sites, improve their safety, monitor acquisition of literacy, numeracy and socio-emotional skills amongst the learners who enroll in them, and enhance the capacity of ministries of education at multiple levels.
Chemonics seeks an experienced professional to undertake the role of Social and Behavior Change Communications (SBCC) Coordinator for thisanticipated USAID-funded program. The SBCC Coordinator will develop campaigns, materials, and strategies to promote school enrolment and other objectives of the project. The SBCC coordinator will also coordinate with SBCC points of contact in the areas of implementation and report to the project’s senior management team.
Qualifications & Experience:
- A bachelor’s degree or higher in communications, education, international education or other relevant area of study.
- Experience creating social and behavior change, ideally in Somalia and regarding education.
- At least three years of experience supporting activities of similar scope for educational international development assistance programs.
- Ability to coordinate multiple activities and personnel across several geographic areas.
- Leadership in local capacity development, including working with local partners on the ground.
- Fluency in English required (level 4 on the Foreign Service Institute scale); Somali required.
APPLY NOW: https://chemonicsesaf.formstack.com/forms/saql_live & complete the full application, including a CV and brief cover letter by December 21, 2018. No phone calls, please. Finalists will be contacted.