SOS Children’s Villages is an international social development organisation, focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family- based care through our SOS children’s villages. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. Our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children from abuse.
SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland seeks to fill the following position which will be based in
Hargeisa, Somaliland (1 position): Applications are herewith invited from interested candidates who meet the criteria set below:
- SOCIAL WORKER
We are seeking a dynamic individual as a social worker who will be responsible for supporting the capacity building and economic empowerment of beneficiaries especially families and children; creating and maintaining beneficiary data base system; office administration, building strong relationships with broad range of stakeholders in project areas and ensuring project implementation with directions from the project coordinator.
Key duties include:
- Ensure project activities are implemented, coordinated, monitored, followed-up on timely basis and proper documentations were made through project progress reports.
- Propose measures for program strengthening especially of the target beneficiaries
- Prepare detailed annual plans, budgets, reports and planning schedules
- Conduct trainings according to annual plan and budgets
- Hold regular reviews and assessments with all beneficiaries/CBOs and contact persons and identify areas for improvement.
- Carry out social assessments of the families and individuals that meet project selection criteria and select beneficiaries to be supported by the program
- Carry out assessment of the families and individuals and mark out families reached self-reliance
- Conduct home visits to families and assess their economic status
- Provide families for coaching and mentors whenever you done the home visits
- Maintain an up to date record and excellent filing system
- Facilitate and identify out of school youth and adults for Vocational Skills Development of Youth under the Project
- Prepare satisfactory reports, case studies and examples of best practices and ensure that up-to-date records for all report
- Facilitate and ensure the effectiveness of all the support groups, CHWs and community representatives
- Attend regular department meetings
- Facilitate ongoing participatory monitoring and evaluation throughout the project implementation process ensuring full participation of the management committees and beneficiaries.
A loving home for every child
- Establish and maintain good working relationships with local authorities, line ministries, community leaders, project participants and other parties in the project areas
- In partnership with other CBO’s, organize and conducts trainings, workshops and experience sharing on child protection/rights, parenting skills, financial management, book keeping and business management for parents/caregivers and local authorities.
- Update the fact sheets, FS database and other records on monthly basis
- Additional duties and responsibilities are set out in the detailed position job description
Qualities and Key competences:
- Knowledge on management of community based projects o Good spoken and written English
o Effective communication and interpersonal skills o Leadership qualities and skills
o A keen listener, team builder and a great motivator with a capacity to live and work in a culturally diverse atmosphere.
o Have good understanding the context. o Counselling and communication skills
Qualification and Experience:
- First degree in Social Work, Public Health, Sociology, or Community Development. o Full knowledge on Project Cycle Management, and Result Based Management
o Business management certifications
o Proven knowledge/experience in facilitating trainings, coaching and mentor
o Experience of business entrepreneurship or technical vocational education will be major advantage. o Experience on community mobilization, awareness raising as well as working with children and women.
o Knowledge of child rights and child protection as well as gender related issues.
o At least three years working experience as a social worker or community development officer. o Thorough report writing and case study skills.
o Experienced in working with community based organizations (CBOs) and families o Proficiency in computer knowledge.
How to apply: Interested applicants should send their updated applications with a CV and scanned copies of academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Indicate the position and location of job title on the subject of email.
Closing date is 16th June 2019.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, it is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somaliland understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children safe.
A loving home for every child