STATION MANAGER (1 POSITION)
Kasmo FM is a community radio station based in Mogadishu, Banadir region. The radio station was established in March 2013. The radio station’s vision is to provide women, youth and communities with a platform to discuss community issues of local and national interest.
The station manager will be working full time and reporting to the station’s Executive Director. He/She will be expected to have a clear understanding of Kasmo’s vision and its target audience and to communicate the same to all staff while providing leadership and motivation that ensures they are met.
Your general duties will include
- Ensuring the smooth running of the station,
- Leading the radio staff and coordinating all the activities within the station including radio programming
- Maximizing revenue for the station.
- Providing regular updates to the head office.
- Ensuring the station complies with media laws and regulations governing radio broadcasting.
- Any other duty as assigned by your supervisor.
- Develop and manage a team that ensures the production of the highest level of quality programs.
- Monitor and evaluate the quality of the station to ensure they meet all the requirements and regulations with regard to programming.
- Hold regular editorialmeetings.
- Maintain program logs
2) Sales & Promotions
- Develop and manage the sales and marketing team that will brand and market the station
- Establish a business relationship with the station’s audience, the government, the business community and national and international NGOs and Un agencies.
- Networking with clients and partners to develop the station’s promotional items and activities aimed at keeping the station popular and increasing the stations market for advertising.
- Handling all complaints, questions or request for information about the station.
- Develop budgets for all station related activities.
- Receive, manage and account for petty cash.
- Receive, receipt and bank all payments made to the station.
4) Staff development
- Identify staff for the station as the needs and resources allow.
- Conduct regular staff appraisals at your station to ensure that the mission, vision and objectives of the station are upheld.
- Mentor staff, identify staff training needs and make proposals on how they can be met.
- Be able to Resolve work conflict within your station.
- Ensure that the station is running on a 24hr basis.
- Ensure that all equipment is well used and maintained.
- Report all technical breakdown or challenges promptly.
Essential Skills & Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in Communications.
- At least one-year experience in a related field.
- Solid administrative and communication skills.
- Ability to deliver creative Radio content.
- Ability to consistently perform in a highly detailed and deadline oriented environment.
- Ability to demonstrate good leadership, managerial, mentorship and creative skills.
Please note that for this position experience in a media company based in Mogadishu will be an added advantage. Females are encouraged to apply (you have 50% chance to be selected)
Send your applications to firstname.lastname@example.org by 29th June 2019. Remember to include a cover letter, CV, Audio/Video demos- not more than 3 Mins or links in case the works have been published online (for those with Programming background).