Position: Store Keeper
Location: Beledweyne, Somalia with frequently travel to project locations
Reports to: Logistics Officer
Background: Relief International is a leading non-profit organization working in 16 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The Storekeeper will be responsible for overseeing and maintaining the store; the stored commodities and assets and the procedures relating to the store.
The Storekeeper is expected to support smooth project implementation while adhering to the protocols and operating procedures of the organisation.
Position Responsibilities and Duties
Ensuring the management of the base’s stocks:
- Guarantee that the procedures and instructions of stock management are followed;
- Ensure follow‐up of stocks and pay particular attention to use‐by dates of food and medicine and First In First Out principle;
- Draw up a monthly inventory and write an inventory report;
- Keep all documents related to stock management up to date. (Stock cards, bin cards….)
- Assist in equipment and stock inventory when needed
- Assist in purchasing the goods.
Ensuring that the stores are hygienic and clean:
- Check daily that the store is clean and is regularly disinfected and ventilated;
- Check the temperature and humidity of the store;
- Check the sanitary conditions of new products (absence of parasites);
- Remove infected products and inform the manager
Managing deliveries to technical department, cargos and shipments:
- Complete the various documents for deliveries in or out;
- Ensure correct preparation of deliveries to departments;
- Do or supervise the preparation and loading/unloading of products and equipment.
Checking the quality of the Goods to be stocked:
- Examine the deliveries: quantity, quality, documentation;
- Check the sanitary conditions of the products entering;
- Report any problem with the quality
Supervising daily or temporary workers:
- Supervise the work carried out by the casuals or loaders
- To supervise the store/warehouse guards.
- Understand and adhere to Relief International established policies and procedures for administration, finance, procurement, data management and beneficiary data protection and, child protection, Code of Conduct (including Sexual Exploitation and Abuse and Harassment) and security management;
- Be flexible and willing to support the team as is needed.
Qualifications & Requirements
- A minimum of 1 year experience in a similar position with international organizations.
- Familiarity with the not-for-profit organizations system and understanding of donor requirements;
- Detail-oriented and able to work independently;
- Familiarity with computerized systems;
- Somali spoken is essential, fluency in English is recommended
RI upholds the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities. RI values:
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send their applications (CV and cover letter with 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicatethetitle as “Store Keeper, Beledweyne”in thesubjectline.
The closing date for applications is March 17, 2019. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RI is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.