|UN World Food Programme – Somalia|
|VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NO. VA- 034/2018|
|Contract type:||Service Contract|
|Date of issue:||19 July 2018|
|Closing Date:||1 August 2018|
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world’s largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The World Food Programme Somalia activities include food assistance for relief, emergency school feeding, nutrition and food assistance for assets creation through provision of in-kind and cash-based transfers.
This position is open to qualified Somali candidates with candidates with good knowledge of the local area. Female candidates in particular, are encouraged to apply.
Duties and Responsibilities:
Under the direct supervision of Logistics Associate and overall supervision of Logistics Officer/Head of Area Office, the incumbent will be responsible for the following duties:
- Receive and dispatch commodities against approved documentation ensuring accuracy in physical count of commodities;
- Prepare and maintain warehouse documents, accurate warehouse transaction records to ensure immediate reporting on commodity movements in line with WFP systems;
- Perform inspections on the quantity and quality of the commodities received/dispatched and handled, detect and analyze reasons for stock damages/discrepancies and prepare reports recommending appropriate solutions;
- Conduct daily warehouse closing reconciliation and accurate inventory checks supporting internal control systems in compliance with the warehouse management requirements;
- Implement appropriate measures to safeguard food and non-food commodities, to ensure quality control using standard preventive measures in line with WFP established procedures;
- Monitor condition of the warehouse and commodities and take appropriate actions, to support efficient warehouse space-planning and well-organized commodity storage following WFP warehouse standards;
- Respond any issues requiring the attention of the supervisor;
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Education: Completion of secondary school education. A post-secondary certificate in the related functional area is desirable.
Experience: Three years of progressive responsible support experience including at least one year in transportation, administration, accounting, statistics or another related field.
Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Somali is a requirement.
Knowledge: · Experience using logistics databases to extract routine reports.
- Experience in managing warehouses with food.
- Experience in managing inventories.
- Experience in processing invoices.
Interested and qualified candidates are requested to submit online applications through E-Recruitment using the following link:
Applications that do not meet the above requirements will be disregarded. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.