The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organization whose ICRC exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance. The ICRC also endeavours to prevent suffering by promoting and strengthening humanitarian law and universal humanitarian principles.
About the Job
The Storekeeper is responsible for proper storage of goods, stocks movement and receipts of goods in the warehouse whilst adhering to the standard operating procedures.
This is a national/resident position based in Mogadishu, Somalia
Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensures orderly arrangement of goods, observes high safety and hygiene levels within the warehouse
- Adheres strictly to FIFO and FIFA procedures
- Ensures proper stock control by keeping up to date records of deliveries, order preparations, losses, and expired goods
- Ensures proper and well documented stock movements; transmits the information related to the Cargo Manifest to the Dispatch and produces the documents related to the orders, these will include packing list and export licence
- Ensures goods to be dispatched are correctly labelled and the necessary documentation accompanies the shipment
- Receives and confirms the deliveries from suppliers and transport agents
- Maintains regular communication with external contacts; handling agencies, transport agencies, imports and exports related authorities
- Generates timely and accurate reports
- Ensures proper records management within the department
Minimum qualifications and required competencies
- Diploma in Purchasing & Supply Management or Stores Management
- At least two (2) years’ work experience in a similar position in a busy environment
- Fluency in written and spoken English and Somali languages
- Good knowledge of the Somalia context
- Excellent planning and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially Excel and Word
- High level of integrity
- Strong numerical ability
- A challenging job opportunity within a dynamic work environment in an international humanitarian organization
- Training and development opportunities
- A competitive salary with benefits, based on the ICRC Compensation and Benefits framework
How to apply
Apply by sending your cover letter and CV addressed to the Human Resources Manager, ICRC Somalia Delegation, on the email address email@example.com. Your cover letter must indicate your current salary and your expected salary range. The closing date is 15th September 2019. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message. Any incomplete applications will be disregarded.
NOTE THAT ONLY EMAILED APPLICATIONS WILL BE CONSIDERED
Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted and canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification. Any enquiries about the position should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.