Strategic Planning Officer
SOMALIA STRENGTHENING INSTITUTIONS FOR PUBLIC WORKS PROJECT
Strategic Planning Officer
Terms of Reference
|Position Title:||Strategic Planning Officer|
|Reporting to:||Director of Planning|
|Duration:||20 months (depending on continued budget availability and need for the position as well as satisfactory or better performance evaluations)|
|Duty Station:||Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&HJubaland State Somalia)|
Somalia Strengthening Institutions for Public Works Project (SSIPWP)
The SSIPWP project is the centre piece for building the capacity of the Federal Ministry of Public Works, Reconstruction and Housing (MPWR&H) and the recently established state-level Ministries and the Banadir Regional Administration (BRA) by developing more effective, efficient, inclusive and accountable institutions for public works and infrastructure.
The SSIPWP project is funded by the African Development Fund (ADF) and the Transition Support Facility (TSF) of the African Development Bank (AfDB) and implemented through a Tripartite Protocol Agreement between the Somalia Federal Government, African Development Fund and the United Nations Office for Project Service (UNOPS).
The purpose of the SSIPWP project is improve the capacities of MPWR&H, State-Level Ministries and BRA responsible for public works to enable them independently plan, manage and oversee infrastructure construction projects and maintenance of public works (Project Appraisal Report, 2016).
Purpose of the position
- The officer will report to the Director of planning and is responsible to coordinate the collection, compilation, consolidation and analysis of data to track programs/ projects activities, monitor progress and support impact measurement of policies of transport sector of the MPWRH Jubaland State through effective monitoring and evaluation
Scope of services
- Reporting to the Direction of planning at MPWRH Jubaland State authority, the incumbent is responsible all program staff monitoring assigned of the ministry Public works FMS.
Duties and Responsibilities, include, but are not limited to:
- Develop the organization’s strategic plan(s) to ensure its continued successful growth and profitability
- Conduct environmental scans, organizational positioning analyses and other studies
- Coordinate input from all major business units to facilitate the integration of individual business unit plans with the corporate plan
- Conduct or facilitate periodic reviews of achievements and performance versus strategic plans
- Coordinating production workflow for one or multiple products
- Planning and prioritizing operations to ensure maximum performance and minimum delay
- Determining manpower, equipment and raw materials needed to cover production demand
- Monitor jobs to ensure they finish on time and within budget
- Address issues when they arise aiming for minimum disruption
- Obtain output information (number of finished products, percentage of defectives etc.)
- Prepare and submit status and performance reports
Required Qualifications, Experience and Skills
- BSc/BA in Business Administration or Engineering or any relevant field
- Minimum years of experience 4-5 years
- A proven track record in developing strategic plans that benefit the client
- A good knowledge of the media and how strategy planning influences it
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- The ability to make complex subjects understandable
- The drive to be successful and perform well in all aspects of your strategic work
- The flexibility to work over a number of projects and balance your workload
Interested Somali candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CVs email@example.com, Closing date by 25thMay, 2019 @5:00pm.Kindly indicate “Strategic planning OfficerMPWRH Jubaland State Somalia & VA-no: 0074/19” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidates is highly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.