UNITED NATIONS SUPPORT OFFICE FOR SOMALIA (UNSOS)
UNITED NATIONS CORE VALUES: INTEGRITY, PROFESSIONALISM, RESPECT FOR DIVERSITY
THIS POSITION IS OPEN TO SOMALI NATIONALS ONLY AND DOES NOT HAVE INTERNATIONAL BENEFITS
FEMALE CANDIDATES ARE PARTICULARLY ENCOURAGED TO APPLY
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATIONS: 3 June 2019
DATE OF ISSUANCE: 4 May 2019
FUNCTIONAL TITLE: SUPPLY ASSISTANT
SECTION: LIFE SUPPORT SECTION
DURATION OF CONTRACT: ONE (01) YEAR FIXED TERM
VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT NUMBER: UNSOS/LSS/018/2019
This position is funded for an initial period of one year, extension of appointment will be subject to budgetary approval. Appointment against this post is on a local basis. The candidate is responsible for any travel expenses incurred to take-up the appointment. All applicants are strongly encouraged to apply on-line as soon as possible after the job opening has been posted and well before the deadline stated in the job opening.
Interested applicants who are working with UN Contractors must fulfil the obligations of their contracts with the UN Contractors to be eligible to apply for this vacancy.
Organizational Setting and Reporting Relationships:
This position is located in the United Nations Support Office in Somalia (UNSOS) and is based in Beletweyen. The incumbent will work as Life Support Representative in the Sector and will report to the Head of Office in Beletweyen under the overall supervision of Chief, General Supply Unit, in Life Support Section.
Roles and Responsibilities:
Within the delegated authority, the Supply Assistant will be responsible for the following duties;
- Receives and validate the Sector’s demand and will process them through the Life Support Section. He will also hold limited quantities fast moving stocks at the Sector warehouse to immediate act on the urgent requirement and replenish them on timely basis.
- Ensures that supplies are issued to requesting offices/sections as per approved requisitions without delay.
- Monitors stock of supplies in the stores; conducts regular stock taking of expendable items in the supply stores; informs the supervisor on discrepancies observed and on supplies which require stock replenishment in a timely manner.
- Ensures that items in the supply stores are arranged in an orderly manner and ensures that supplies are issued to requestors before expiration date of the products.
- Assists in raising requisitions for services and items required by the supply Stores; coordinates with offices and sections about the requests received. Provides updates of requisition status on a regular basis.
- Updates and monitors stock cards for acquired products.
- Participates in the acquisition and the drafting of preliminary specifications for requirements;
- Assists in conducting periodic inventory of UN Non-Expendable property in Supply stores and updates records in the system by processing issue vouchers to individual end users of UN property for purpose of transparency and accountability.
- Prepares write-off requests for property which is lost, obsolete or damaged.
- Receives technical evaluation reports from Technicians on damaged property or property which has become obsolete and raises request for write-off in the system to facilitate submission by the Claims office.
- Ensures that property approved for write-off and disposal is handed over to the Property Disposal Unit in a timely manner. Provides updates of write-off requests status on a regular basis.
- Assists in preparing a variety of monthly, yearly and ad hoc inventory reports of the field mission’s property.
- Maintains updates and ensures accuracy and completeness of computer database recording requisition details, purchase orders, delivery and other supply related actions and monitors reports.
- Any other official tasks assigned by the Chief, General Supply Unit.
Professionalism: Knowledge of supply operations, practices and contract management. Ability to specify business rules in the specific supply area. Shows pride in work and in achievements; demonstrates professional competence and mastery of subject matter; is conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results; is motivated by professional rather than personal concerns; shows persistence when faced with difficult problems or challenges; remains calm in stressful situations. Commitment to implementing the goal of gender equality by ensuring the equal participation and full involvement of women and men in all aspects of work.
Planning& Organizing: Develops clear goals that are consistent with agreed strategies; identifies priority activities and assignments; adjusts priorities as required; allocates appropriate amount of time and resources for completing work; foresees risks and allows for contingencies when planning; monitors and adjusts plans and actions as necessary; uses time efficiently.
Teamwork: Works collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; solicits input by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; is willing to learn from others; places team agenda before personal agenda; supports and acts in accordance with final group decision, even when such decisions may not entirely reflect own position; shares credit for team accomplishments and accepts joint responsibility for team shortcomings.
Education: High school diploma or equivalent is required.
Experience: A minimum of four (4) years of progressively responsible experience in inventory and supply management, property management, warehousing, or related area.
Language: English and French are the working languages of the United Nations Secretariat. For this position, fluency in English is required.
Evaluation of qualified candidates may include an assessment exercise which may be followed by competency-based interview.
How to Apply:
Qualified candidates may submit their applications including their United Nations Personal History form (P.11) to the address mentioned below quoting vacancy announcement number and functional title on the subject line on or before the deadline. The P.11 is on the https://unsos.unmissions.org/jobs. Applications submitted after the deadline 3 June 2019 will not be accepted. Curriculum Vitaes (CVs) will not be accepted. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Kindly attach a copy of High School Certificate, Passport and or National Identification Card. These are required as part of your application for consideration of eligibilty. Please note CID and NISA Certificates are required at a later stage of the recruitment process.
The United Nations shall place no restrictions on the eligibility of men and women to participate in any capacity and under conditions of equality in its principal and subsidiary organs.
THE UNITED NATIONS DOES NOT CHARGE A FEE AT ANY STAGE OF THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS (APPLICATION, INTERVIEW MEETING, PROCESSING, OR TRAINING).
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: UNITED NATIONS ASSISTANCE MISSION IN SOMALIA (UNSOM)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Beletweine
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: SUPPLY CHAIN
- Tags: No Tags
3152 total views, 1 today