Supply Chain Assistant
Supply Chain Assistant
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Assistants – Procurement will support SSJP program by undertaking day to day procurement tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient procurement activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the SSJP donor guidelines. The Supply Chain Assistants – Procurement is responsible to ensure effective delivery of procurement services in compliance with DRC and SSJP donor policies and procedures. The Supply Chain Assistants – Procurement supports procurement functions in Jowhar/Mogadishu areas.
- Record daily Procurement tracker to produce comprehensive Procurement report on end month
- Responsible for all the daily Procurement activities in the area office
- Ensure every procurement process is in compliance with DRC procurement procedures and donor requirement
- Assist all tasks related to Procurements such as, Planning, processing Analyzing delivery and reporting
- Assist Procurement planning and processing
- Prepare Request for Quotation and Single Quote Documents and dispatch to respective suppliers in the procurement process.
- Ensure that bid delivery forms are filled out by respective bidders.
- Evaluate offered prices on the returned Single Quote forms and prepare SQ award for approval
- Prepare temporary and casual contact in consultation with Supply Chain Team Leader
- Prepare Purchase Order in the Procurement process.
- Prepare Goods Received Note when the Supplies is received.
- Prepare Certificate of Completion when the Service or work is completed.
- Ensure finalized procurement documents are timely scanned and submitted to finance Department for payment
- Ensure proper filling system in the procurement office by organizing and updating all procurement files
- Update Procurement Tracking Sheet every day and submit to Logs and procurement officer to review and subsequently circulate to all head of sector and Management.
- Ensure appropriate documentation on the Procurements operation as per DRC guidelines.
- Ensure good archiving system with Procurements documents;
Education & Qualification:
- University Degree/Diploma/Certificate in Procurement, Logistics or related field(s);
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with staff and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and undertake a proactive approach.
- At least 3 years’ professional work experience in humanitarian organizations;
- Understanding of displacement issues and related international standards/frameworks;
- Knowledge of the local context in Somalia is a strong asset;
- Experience in Procurement and Somalia Procurement Law;
- Experience with Government of Somalia is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to communicate in Somalis is advantageous
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: December 2018
Duty station: Jowhar with frequent travel to field locations
Reporting to: Area Supply Chain Team Leader
Duration: 1 Year with possibility extension
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Qualified candidates are invited to access the full job description and the requirements for this position under vacancies at www.drc.dk. Please submit application online using this link by 10 December, 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com