Supply Chain Coordinator
For SomalilandResidents Only
Supply Chain Coordinator: Hargeisa Somaliland
Purpose of the Position
Under the direct supervision of the Finance and Support Services Manager, the SC Coordinator is responsible for providing strategic oversight and leadership in the areas of Procurement, Logistics, Inventory Management, GIK and Emergency Response while coordinating and optimizing the zonal personnel capacity to efficiently and effectively manage the Supply Chain Management function to respond to the needs requirements (all internal and external) in a quality and timely and cost effective manner.
Supply Chain Management:
- Manage compliance of the Supply Chain operation within the organization’s Supply Chain Policies and Procedures, leading on the development and implementation of country supply chain plans, ensuring that field offices have access to appropriate logistics tools that are fit to manage the supply chain demands
- Provide advice and technical oversight support to Field Supply Chain teams, Field Managers/Coordinators and program managers on Supply Chain related matters, including but not limited to, procurement, warehousing, inventory control, logistics and distribution
- Develop contracting sourcing strategies and executed on the formation/creation of contracts & framework agreements with strategic suppliers/ vendors and partners that improved overall efficiency and effectiveness in our operations.
- Lead the relevant negotiations for contracts and framework agreements and leverage total annual spend and tracking savings margins for Supply Chain Visibility
Sourcing & Procurement:
- Oversee the establishment of a rigorous, accountable and transparent procurement system and tracking process that is compliant with the organization’s internal controls/policies, donor and local legislation for local and international purchases (Source to Pay Solutions)
- Lead and manage significant standardization and categorization of supplies and commodity-specific projects towards achieving strategic buying within each of the country programs and looking for ways to collaborate at local and zonal levels.
- Conducting annual supplier/vendor registration exercises and update the databases regularly
- Moderate Tender Committee Sessions to evaluate bid responsiveness, vendor selection and awards or variations to contracts in open, transparent and competitive processes.
- Lead coordination between the logistics team and program/program managers to facilitate effective, efficient and timely program implementation
- Provide oversight on the acquisition of Imports Permits and Tax Exemptions from the relevant Government Authorities for international Imports and managing the end to end supply chains to the last mile delivery
- Identify storage facilities, transportation resources and leasing options; share storage facilities and transport if possible with UN agencies, other NGOs or partner organizations. Make full use of ‘common services’ as available and appropriate
- Conduct the Supply Chain Capacity Assessments to determine the ideal status of the function and support required for the ideal future state
- Lead staff in conducting Training Needs Assessments /assessing supply chain personnel skills and developing capacity building plans.
- Conduct staff appraisals and monitor performance agreements through mentoring, coaching and periodic interactive meetings
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
- Degree in Supply Chain Management and Logistics; or related field of study.
- A minimum of 4 years’ experience in supply chain management, procurement and logistics management.
- Should have the ability to maintain broad strategic perspective but remain detail oriented.
- Should demonstrate the ability to establish clear and compelling objectives with teams and individuals and monitors progress and performance.
- Should have experience in creating and applying measures and metrics to track performance
- Should demonstrate the ability to provide clear and concise reports tracking key performance indicators in Supply Chain management
- Should demonstrate people management experience.
Kindly note: All academic certificates will be verified with the issuing academic institution.
All Interested and qualified candidates should log on to;
For detailed requirements and qualifications for the above jobs.
All applications shall be received by 11th February, 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.