Supply Chain Specialist – Roving
Supply Chain Specialist – Roving
DRC has been providing relief and development services in the Horn of Africa since 1997. Using a human rights framework, the DRC Somalia operations focuses mainly on people who are affected by displacement, including refugees, internally displaced, and migrant.
Danish Demining Group (DDG) is a specialized unit within DRC which implements mine action and armed violence reduction (AVR) programmes. DDG’s mandate is ‘to create a safe environment free from armed violence and the remnants of conflict’, and DDG does this via a programmatic focus on four key sectors: Security Systems Reform, Small Arms and Light Weapons (SALW) management, Mine Action and Conflict Management.
Overall purpose of the role:
The Supply Chain Specialist – Roving will provide support to SSJP program by undertaking technical and practical operational tasks to ensure smooth, safe and efficient operation of procurement, logistics, fleet, warehousing and asset management activities in accordance with the Operations Handbook and Program Manual with adherence to the donor guidelines. The Supply Chain Specialist is responsible to manage and ensure effective delivery of supply chain and other logistics services in compliance with DRC and donor policies and procedures. The SC Specialist supports Supply Chain Assistants -Procurement and functions in all DRC offices in Somalia, with frequent travel between Dollow, Hudur (Wajid),Mogadishu (Jowhar).
DRC Dynamics Implementation:
- Provide support to Supply Chain Users (HU/LU) in area offices assigned.
- Act as the Super user for DRC Dynamics (ERP System) – Supply Chain track to ensure training is cascaded to other users in the area offices for a successful transition to ERP;
- Focal point for all preparatory requirements for ERP related preparedness. This includes training, data migration and liaising with the country office for support.
- Support Respective field offices in establishment of purchase agreements into account ERP DRC Dynamics guidelines for purchase agreement engagement with the respective offices.
- Conduct regular field visits to the respective field offices to ensure ERP DRC Dynamics is well understood and implemented by all the users.
- Ensure timely transmission of logistics monitoring information, stock levels and distribution status to the Area Manager and Supply Chain Manager.
- Follow up and update area offices Areas Performance indicators by which performance of logistics department can be measured.
- Provide guidance and participate in rapid emergency logistics assessment missions and to ensure proper supervision and management of the warehouse.
- Ensure weekly and monthly logistics report (such as fleet and fuel management reports, inventory updates, warehouse reports etc.) are prepared and submitted to the Area Manager and the Supply Chain Manager as per the required/agreed timeframe.
- Provide technical support and guide the areas supply chain team to ensure smooth running of the supply chain functions.
- Manage activities and work relating to procurement and supply i.e. following up on procurement plans, regular procurement tracking system for SSJP.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, take the lead role in reviewing of procurement documentations before CD/DCD/AMs approvals in the absence of the supply chain manager as advised by the supply chain manager.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, take the technical lead role in participation of the ITBs/RFPs in the absence of the supply chain manager and as advised by the supply chain manager.
- Under the direct supervision of the Supply Chain Manager, plan and conduct routine field visit at least once a month to monitor the activity progress of the area procurements in the respective field offices as advised by the supply chain manager.
- Ensure detailed procurement procedures is followed including specifications, quotes, ordering, packaging, storage and transportation of supplies.
- Liaise with the program and support focal point person to ensure timely processing of procurement requests and delivery of the same to the required destinations following the laid down procedures and donor regulations.
- Ensure proper understanding and adherence to donor and DRC rules and regulations by all the staff and that all procurement documents are timely completed and accurate supporting documentation are in place and appropriately filed.
- Provide technical support to ensure compliance with the approved processes in the area of vendor selection and bids analysis;
- Ensure good relationship with partner’s logistics sections
- Support area supply chain team in the establishment of purchase agreements taking into account ERP DRC Dynamics guidelines for purchase agreement engagement with the respective offices.
- In Liaison with program team provide support in sourcing and processing all consultancies taking into account the guidelines for consultancy services.
- Provide Technical Support, asses existing gaps and build the capacity of the Supply Chain Team Leaders to ensure smooth running of the areas supply chain functions.
- Ensure all program supplies are recorded in the respective warehouse and due process adhered.
- Ensure (Program) the Requestors completes the picking list through the ERP DRC Dynamics system prior to the release of the program deliveries at the distribution site.
- Ensure that supply chain team leaders and officers carry out close inspection of Project items and materials delivered to the stores, to ensure that they are at the right quantity and quality and monthly stock updates is circulated throughout the staff.
- Manage DRC supply of stocks in order to permit the rapid movement of humanitarian supplies and to update and implement the warehouse management and commodity tracking system
- Ensure that program staff provides to the warehouse staff the details of when and where project item is needed and ensuring that they are delivered to the correct location safe and within agreed time frame and the process is documented.
- Identify alternative warehouse facilities in times of emergency or unforeseen reasons; using proper DRC procedures.
- Ensure proper scientific method of storage as per DRC guidelines have been followed.
- Follow up and support Coordinators and Area Managers that staff follow procurement plan developed during kick start meeting and recommend revision of document when needed.
- Oversea that logistics conduct periodic stock checks and prepare periodic stock reports where defects and loses and captured and shared with the relevant authorities.
- Reads and has a clear understanding of the DRC Asset Management Manual and all related procedures; and capacitate the logistics on prober handling DRC assets and inventory.
- Oversee and ensure that asset register and asset movement documentation (asset loan and asset transfer) and records are filed appropriately and available in the area office.
- Ensure that the logistics keep proper filling and update of the inventory spread sheet so that it can be shared with donors and stakeholders.
- Ensure that DRC asset is properly and uniformly tagged and coded and that asset verification exercise takes place quarterly.
- Ensures that logistics officers coordinate with the finance office in identifying all details of assets and file into the asset files; these documents include (the purchase documents, ledger reference, PO and GRN).
- Accountable to ensure that all Supply Chain activities are conducted in accordance with the DRC’s Operations Handbook;
- Responsible to ensure that recommendations for improvements related to the Supply Chain Components (e.g. from audits) are implemented in a timely manner;
- Responsible to ensure that all allegations of breaches of the Code of Conduct by staff in the Supply Chain teams of Somalia are reported and with the support of the Head of Support Services and Head of Risk & Compliance, investigated and concluded swiftly.
Education & Qualification:
- University degree in organizational development, Procurement, Logistics or related field(s);
- Excellent writing and communication skills;
- Strong interpersonal skills and demonstrated ability to establish effective working relations with national staff and other stakeholders;
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment and undertake a proactive approach;
- Excellent portfolio management skills, including strong budget management capacity.
- At least 5 years’ professional work experience in humanitarian organizations;
- Understanding of displacement issues and related international standards/frameworks;
- Knowledge of the local context in Somalia is a strong asset;
- Experience in Procurement and Logistics and Somalia Procurement Law;
- Experience with Government of Somalia is an asset.
- Excellent spoken and written English;
- Ability to communicate in Somalis is advantageous.
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
- Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
- Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
- Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
- Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
- Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
Availability: December 2018
Duty station: Mogadishu with frequent travel between Dollow, Hudur (Wajid), Mogadishu (Jowhar)
Reporting to: Supply Chain Manager – Somalia
Duration: 1 Year with possibility extension
DRC has a Humanitarian Accountability Framework, outlining its global accountability commitments. All staff are required to contribute to the achievement of this framework (http://www.drc.dk/HAF.4265.0.html). All DRC staff must be committed to the Red Cross Code of Conduct, as well as the Core Humanitarian Standards.
Qualified candidates are invited to access the full job description and the requirements for this position under vacancies at www.drc.dk. Please submit applications online using this link by 10 December, 2018
If you have questions or are facing problems with the online application process, please contact email@example.com