- Job category: Technical Affairs
- Post date:18 Nov 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
Position Title: Technical Officer
Department: Engineering Department
Reporting to: Infrastructure expert
Duration: 1 year with Possibility of extension
Duty Station: Ministry of Public Works and Housing (MOPWH-JSS)
Project: ROAD INFRASTRACTURE PROGRAMME
Ministry of Public Works and Housing Jubaland state of Somalia (MoPWH-JSS) is implementing the Road Infrastructure Programme Somalia, funded by the AfDB through the MoPWRH-FGS. The developmental objective of the programme is to support Somalia’s economic growth by providing enhanced transport facilities that are reliable and cost effective and to improve connectivity, accessibility and transportation of goods, persons and service thereby supporting economic and social development as well as stability of the country as a whole. Further, the programme aims to improve the management of the road sector at the national and regional levels by reinforcing the capacities of federal and regional institutions that manage road infrastructure.
The programme entails: (i) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 82km (BeledWeyne-Kalabeyr 22km; and Dhusamareb-Qaradhi 60km) of the existing 327km, 7.3m wide BeledWeyne-Galkayo paved road; (ii) rehabilitation and surface dressing of 85 km (Galkayo-Faratoyo) of the existing 240km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Garowe paved road; (iii) rehabilitation and construction of the existing 80km, 7.3m wide Luuq, Ganane-Dolow earth road to gravel road standard; and (iv) new construction of 100 km, 7.3m wide Galkayo-Elgula (part of 241km Galkayo-Hobyo feeder road) to compacted gravel standard and Feasibility study, environmental and social impact assessment and detailed engineering design of 280km Lowyaddo-Farddaha-Borama road.
To implement the RIP programme in Jubaland state ,the Ministry of Public Works and Housing is seeking to employ technical office . The technical officer will support the Infrastructure expert in the implementation of Road infratrcutre programme (RIP) Prepare and publish regular project reports in line with partner guidelines for follow-up.
Conduct assessments of sites where new infrastructural project will be located and assist the Infrastructure Expert and project team to update risk register for risks associated with Infrastructure.
Reporting & Supervision:
- Under the supervision of the Infrastructure Expert, the position holder will support Road construction and capacity building in designing and its Implementations.
- Develop and maintain project plans.
- Actively engaging with infrastructure stakeholders in the region to improve Ministry Public work visibility and enhance reputation in infrastructure field
- Develop monitoring tools and reports as required by the organization’s procedures.
- Identify and anticipate potential risks and issues specific to delivery forecasts in a timely manner and advise on mitigation measures and solutions.
- Continuous monitoring and analysis of delivery data in the dashboard system.
- Design and planning for Infrastructure implementations
- Provide support in developing technical manuals, guidelines and other technical documents in close coordination with the Infrastructure expert.
- Provide support in the revision or development of new structural and architectural drawings, bills of quantities, construction checklists and training materials
- Develop and update Procurement plans for infrastructure projects Estimate quantities and cost of materials, equipment, or labor to determine project feasibility.
- Coordinate community engagement for planning and implementation of accountable project activities:
- Guide site selection of sites for infrastructure project, promoting conflict sensitivity.
- Supervision of construction works in all engineering related activities across the program
- Promote awareness of project deliverables to beneficiaries for accountability purposes;
- Analyze survey reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, aerial photography, and other topographical or geologic data to plan project
- Promote accountability, compliance and good stewardship:
- Liaise with external suppliers and partners.
- Promote awareness and implementation of Ministry policies and procedures to staff members and partners; Promote awareness and monitor compliance with donor and support office requirements; Ensure value for money in regards to all transaction involving project resources
- Ensure quality workmanship by contractors and consultants engaged by Ministry Responsible for interpretation of Information provision pamphlets and training materials into local language.
- Ensure timely, accurate reporting: Prepare and submit periodic monitoring reports to the relevant Director General and Infrastructure Expert in a timely manner:
- Monthly narrative report, Monthly Monitoring reports and Quarterly narrative reports,
- Organize review meetings to inform project teams about issues identified and agree on the course of action;
- Prepare and share monthly infrastructure performance progress to the Infrastructure expert.
- Able to work in a cross-cultural environment with a multi-national staff Perform other duties as required.
- Perform any other relevant tasks as the Infrastructure expert may assign.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree in Civil Engineering or its equivalent
- 4-5 years’ professional experience in design and construction of buildings.
- Work experience in community led building projects will be an advantage.
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and/or other drafting software is a must.
- Knowledge of structural analysis and design software.
- Demonstrate strong understanding of systems design and implementation protocols
- Strong inter-personal skills, and proven team-player
- Excellent knowledge of English and Somalia language;
- Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to send their application letters and detailed CV to Hr.email@example.com Closing date by 25th Nov 2019 @5:00pm.. Kindly indicate “Technical Officer-MOPWH-JSS-VAno.007– Kismayo, Somalia” on the subject line when applying.
- Qualified Female candidate is highly encouraged to apply.
- Local candidates strongly encouraged to apply.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
972 total views, 1 today