CENTRE FOR RESEARCH AND INTERGRATED DEVELOPMENT:
TECHNICAL OFFICER POSITION ADVERTISEMENT IN LUUQ AND QANSAXDHERE DIDTRICTS:
(One Officer in each district):
Centre for research and integrated development was established in 2004 by cohort of Somali professionals and intellectuals. CeRID being a social-oriented research is a non-governmental institution working for the welfare of the Somali people in emergency situations and post recovery and reconstruction programs. CeRID is fully committed to promoting community self-reliance for recovery and development through research based effective interventions initiatives and human capacity development. CeRID thematic focus programs include; Social Research Services, Education services, Natural Resources management, Livelihood support, Water and Sanitation as well as Environmental and social Justice for peace promotion, community re-integration and conflict transformation programs.
Purpose of the position:
The Technical officer will be expected to undertake key activities in the implementation of Emergency Food Support Program EFSP/FFP project funded by World vision in Luuq and Qansaxdhere districts. The main aim of the technical officer is toprovide technical support and guidance to beneficiaries working in particular community assets such as Shallow well, water catchment etc. Implements and monitors technical strengthening initiatives. Develops adoption and/or training strategy, designs and conducts training or adoption activities for a specific technical area. The main aim of the project is to alleviate the sufferings of vulnerable communities in Luuq. The chosen candidate is expected to work closely with the fellow team members to ensure the goals and aims of the project are achieved perfectly and at the stipulated timeframe.
- Provide base assessment of communities infrastructure chosen by the community as cash for work activities
- To develops in collaboratively with the targeted local community’s strategy, designs and implementation of activities for each specific locations chosen activities.
- Provide technical support and guidance to beneficiaries working in particular community assets such as Shallow well, water catchment, canals rehabilitation, road infrastructure etc.
- To develop friendly work norms with flexibility in terms of working hours and time of work in order to accommodate and encourage both women and men
- Works closely with assigned team to ensure activities are implemented according to standard operating procedures.
- Writes and edits technical reports and documents.
- Assists with publications, and presentations.’
- Monitors and maintains protocols, instruments, data sets, manuals, training materials and reports.
- Responds to requests and inquiries from internal and external staff(Donors).
- Develops or writes technical briefs, reports, or other necessary materials to facilitate the final report to donors.
- Assists with the implementation of research studies by monitoring and documenting processes.
- Conducts analysis of program implementation to identify areas for improvement and propose appropriate technical strategy and guidelines.
- Prepares reports and papers summarizing project results.
- Ensures project implementation adheres to donor strategy and remains technically sound.
- Provides leadership and team building at the task level.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Work closely with the stakeholders such as the health practitioners, the local and federal government representatives, donors.
- Ensure effective partnership to bring in staff capacity and support from a range of public and private organisation to promote new types of thinking and implementation of quality programs with support from people who have the appropriate skill set.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience:
- A minimumof a diploma in Engineering from a known university or college.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in engineering sector.
- Must demonstrate strong leadership skills, excellent flexible project management skills with very good partnership management skills.
- Demonstrate well developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills.
- Strong leadership and demonstrate ability to work independently and within a team, prioritize tasks and manage multiple activities with attention to details, meeting tight deadlines under pressure.
- Cultural sensitivity essential.
- Applicant should understand and speak fluently Somali and English languages.
- Office based with frequent and constant visitation to the field.
- On Call: The position holder will be on call in case of any emergency that requires his/her attention.
- The duty station will be based in Luuq and Qansaxdhere districts.
NB: Interested and qualified candidates should send their CVs and Academic transcripts to CERID Luuq office or send through these emails firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com 15th of August 2019.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.