A CATALYST FOR GROWTH
Location: Burao, Somaliland
SomGrow is a budding enterprise committed to building durable partnerships with local communities. We strongly believe the key to success on the African market is community, knowledge, creativity and adaptation. Our versatile approach to business means we are always seeking ways to introduce new and innovative approaches to conduct business.
SOMGROW is developing a wastewater treatment and reuse project to produce irrigation water to grow fruit and vegetable produce for local consumption. The project will be implemented on the Al Husseini farm located 10 kilometers from the central Somaliland town of Burao.
SomGrow is seeking a contractor with the following qualifications:
- Construction / civil works expertise: water/wastewater reservoir construction with expertise in concrete works, soil sealing for water (hydraulic projects, water storage), pipe laying, etc.
- Electrical control systems expertise: preferably connected to hydraulic works / irrigation projects, etc.
- Expertise in electronic monitoring equipment (preferably for hydraulic based projects)
- Agriculture expertise: irrigation systems, pumps, piping, water quality monitoring, water filtering etc.
- At least 5 years’ project management expertise in water/wastewater projects in east Africa and/or the Horn of Africa
Interested contractors should submit a bid providing detailed information on the above expertise together with a proposed contractor fee based on both an hourly rate and a daily rate.
Bids must be submitted by email to SomGrow@gmail.com
The closing date to accept bids is 15/01/2019