Terms of Reference “EmployabilitySkill Training- Two Training provider”
Terms of Reference
“EmployabilitySkill Training- Two Training provider”
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is a social development organization, focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages Somalia. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS Somalia upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
THE NEXT ECONOMY PHASE 1&II
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is implementing ‘The Next Economy project phase 1&II” which empowering the skilled youth from universities or technical institutes who particularly have challenges to connect to the labour market or lack of opportunities to get internship placement or decent jobs. With an innovative approach, we hope to inspire, train, coach and facilitate youth to- Prepare them, in cooperation with the public and private sector for a decent job or internship.
The donors of the two project are SOS Children’s Village Iceland and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iceland and Ministry of foreign Affair Netherland respectively.
- Purpose of Employability Training
SOS Children’s’ Village Somalia will contract a training provider Training Centre) to train 70 youth (50%M-50%F)on Employability skills. The purpose of the youth employability skills training is to equip youth – job seekers with interpersonal and professional skills that employers look for when hiring new graduates. The training targeted youth from next economy project currently completing phase 1 and 2 course make it work track.
- Employability Skill Training Content
- Session 1 – Introduction and Overview
- Session 2 – Personal Reflection
- Session 3 – My Kind of Job
- Session 4 – Find out more about jobs
- Session 5 – Job Search
- Session 6 – Making a good impression in the work place
- Session 7 – Communication skills for an employee
- Session 8 – CV writing
- Session 9 – Job Interview
- Session 10 – Personal Time Management.
- Session 11 – Anticipating Challenges.
- Session 12 – Rights and Responsibilities
- Training Time Frame
The training will be for 11 weeks- starting from 1st August and will end at 30th September. The training centre should have capacity of accommodating and engaging 70 youth. The trainees will attend the training two days every week. Training provider should have conducive training halls/classes and experienced trainers on this subject. Furthermore, training provider should support SOS youth coaches space that they use to conduct youth coaching sessions.
- Training Methodology should be:
The training will include techniques to enhance understanding such as power point presentation, discussions and group work. Session should be participatory to improve learning and strengthen partnership among participants. Following techniques expected to be used upon delivering the training:
- Participatory and interactive
- Use mini-lecturing/ trainees centred method
- Use demonstration and simulation materials
- Group work/discussion and individual activities
- Conducive space for training participants
- Take daily youth attendance and share SOS Youth coaches.
- Submission of Monthly training report (as agreed
vii.Qualification and Experience
The following are minimum requirements for the training providers to be considered for carrying out this assignment.
- Should submit updated organization profile including relevant past experience and registration certificate of the organization.
- Technical proposal detailing the training workplan, budget breakdown and reporting timeframe
- Relevant past experience with similar work done
- The training provider must have Conducive-training center for facilitation of the training sessions.
How to Apply
SOS Children’s Village Somalia invites technical and financial proposals from qualified firms applications from interested candidates should present and an application, as follows:
- A technical application detailing- understanding of the Call for Proposal, methodology and approaches, CVs of the team leaders and technical reference of pervious similar works.
- A financial proposal with detailed budget taking considering the details in the Call for Proposal and timelines therein.
- Registration of the firm or organization
- At least two reports of similar assignments in the last one year.
Interested firms/Institutions who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their technical and financial proposals including proposed training content & plan, CVs of leader firm(s) and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference (TOR) to the procurement Email on: firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in Employability Skill Training for NEXT ECONOMIC PROJECT PHASE II the subject line of the e-mail, to reach us not later than 13th July ,2019