Terms of Reference “Entrepreneurship Skill Training”
Terms of Reference
“Entrepreneurship Skill Training”
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is a social development organization, focusing on the care and support of orphans and vulnerable children. We support families and communities to build their capacity to protect and care for their children, through our Family Strengthening Programmes. Where children have already lost the care of their biological family, we offer long-term family-based care through our SOS Children’s Villages Somalia. In these ways, we support orphans and vulnerable children to be able to grow in a caring family environment. SOS Somalia upholds the rights of children and youth and works towards protecting their rights.
THE NEXT ECONOMY PHASE II
SOS Children’s Villages Somalia is implementing ‘The Next Economy project phase II” which empowering the skilled youth from universities or technical institutes who particularly have challenges to connect to the labour market or lack of opportunities to start their own business. With an innovative approach we hope to inspire, train, coach and facilitate youth to- Prepare them, in cooperation with the public and private sector for a decent job or Start their own business.
The donor of the project is SOS Children’s Village Iceland and Ministry of Foreign Affairs of Iceland.
- Training Purpose and Objectives
The overall objective of this exercise is to train entrepreneurial skills for30 youth people who had lack of opportunities to start their own business. To improve their entrepreneurial skills of these vulnerable youth, business development support and entrepreneurship training.
- Provision of entrepreneurship training that is meant to equip the trainees with knowledge and skills on how to generate business ideas, marketing, small business management, financial literacy, resource mobilization and business planning among others
- Introducing the concept of entrepreneurship and development of entrepreneurial competencies including positive thinking, innovation and creativity, developing business plans, resource mobilization, enterprise networking, business models and application of information technology.
- Exhibiting entrepreneurial behavior for business success and applying reasonable standards of excellence in performance.
- Entrepreneurship skill Training Content
- Module 01: Inspiration Booster
- Module 02: Creative Co-creation
- Module 03: Understanding your Customer
- Module 04: Understanding your Market
- Module 05: Value Proposition & Business Model Canvas
- Module 06: Operations
- Module 07: Marketing & Branding
- Module 08: (Part 1&2) Finance
- Module 09: Crowd funding Canvas
- Module 10: Legal Consideration
- Module 11: Action Plan
- Module 12: Pitch Preparation
- Module 13: Jury Event
- Training Time Frame
The training will be for 11 weeks- starting from 1st August and will end at 30th September. The training centre should have capacity of accommodating and engaging 38youth. The trainees will attend the training two days every week. Training provider should have conducive training halls/classes and experienced trainers on this subject. Furthermore, training provider should support SOS youth coaches space that they use to conduct youth coaching sessions
- Training Expected Outcomes
- Equip you with enterprise management skills through managerial and leadership skills, marketing, pricing and customer handling, financial literacy and management, budgeting and business record keeping including documentation.
- Introducing and piloting successful business proposal development templates, comprehensive successful business plans and access to financial products for business startups.
- Enhance youth skills towards conducting effective crowd funding campaigns, and simplest way to get connected to the business financing institutions and potential investors.
- Equip youth with the right skills of making successful pitching.
Training Methodology should be;
- Participatory and interactive
- Use mini-lecturing/ trainees centred method
- Use demonstration and simulation materials
- Group work/discussion and individual activities
- Conducive space for training participants
- Take daily youth attendance and share SOS Youth coaches.
- Submission of Monthly training report (as agreed).
Qualification and Experience
The following are minimum requirements for the training providers to be considered for carrying out this assignment.
- Should submit updated organization profile including relevant past experience and registration certificate of the organization.
- Technical proposal detailing the training workplan, budget breakdown and reporting timeframe
- Relevant past experience with similar work done
- The training provider must have Conducive-training center for facilitation of the training sessions.
How to Apply
SOS Children’s Village Somalia invites technical and financial proposals from qualified firms applications from interested candidates should present and an application, as follows:
- A technical application detailing- understanding of the Call for Proposal, methodology and approaches, CVs of the team leaders and technical reference of pervious similar works.
- A financial proposal with detailed budget taking considering the details in the Call for Proposal and timelines therein.
- Registration of the firm or organization
- At least two reports of similar assignments in the last one year.
Interested firms/Institutions who meet the conditions specified herein are invited to submit their technical and financial proposals including proposed training content & plan, CVs of leader firm(s) and a clear demonstration of understanding and interpretation of this Terms of Reference (TOR) to the procurement Email on: firstname.lastname@example.org indicate in Entrepreneurship Skill Training for NEXT ECONOMIC PROJECT PHASE II the subject line of the e-mail, to reach us not later than 13th July ,2019