Terms of Reference for Project Evaluation
Terms of Reference for Project Evaluation:
- PROJECT BACKGROUND
Community Organization for Relief and Development (CORD) is a community based local NGO which was established in 1994 in Southern Somalia and expanded its mission in Puntland State of Somalia in 2009 which has been an active role in pursuing social change by informing people about the hazardous effects of FGM and HIV/AIDS. Having set a sub-office in Bosaso –Puntland, in the year 2009 it has been able to assist scores of IDP’s which have fled from the waging wars of Mogadishu and South-Central Somalia, by providing multiple programmes that have had very touching impacts on their lives which CORD does still provide consistently. CORD has also been able to expand its mandate to internationally eligible organization whereby it’s proposing its first projects in Kenya and hopes to expand its coverage to the other parts of the African Continent.
CORD with a financial support from Bread for the World Germany/PADD is implementing a three years project entitled ‘’Promotion of human rights and combat against human trafficking’’. The project directly addresses a total of 1,710 people from various community group such as university graduates, migrants and IDP’s, community group leaders at IDP’s and camps and survivors of human trafficking. The project was launched in 2017 as continuation of previous similar projects implemented across Somalia recognizing its enormous needs for Somali communities with the following outcome level objectives:
- HIV/AIDs prevalence in Bosaso town is reduced;
- FGM practices in Bosaso town is reduced;
- Incidents of illegal migration/human trafficking in Bosaso town are reduced.
The project evaluation is intended to provide a comprehensive and systematic account on the performance of the project by assessing its design, process of implementation, achievements of the approved project objectives and indicators and any other results. The evaluation is expected to assess and disclose levels of project accomplishments, to synthesize lessons that may help improve the selection, design, and implementation of future programs, to provide feedback on issues that are recurrent across the portfolio and need attention, and on improvements regarding previously identified issues, analysis and reporting on the effectiveness of CORD’s operations.
- Purpose and objectives of the Evaluation
The main objectives of this evaluation is to assess the achievement of project result as per the approved objective and indicators, and to learn from the process, document achievements, lessons learnt, challenges encountered during implementation and advise/recommend on the future program design and implementation, draw lessons that can improve the sustainability of this project.
- Assess the achieved results of the project against the stated objectives;
- Assess projects progress against baseline values of the respective indicators;
- Assess the appropriateness of the implementation strategies;
- Assess and document the lessons learnt, case and success stories during the project period for future scale up;
- Assess the relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, impact, sustainability, partnership and integration of the project and give recommendations for future programming.
- Deliverable and Reporting:
- Consultant will be expected to provide evidence of the delivery of project inputs and outputs according to an agreed reporting schedule and progress in delivery.
- The consultant will prepare an inception report within two weeks from the contract period. The full inception report will be finalized at the end of the first month.
- The report shall be between a maximum of 20-25 pages.
- Final Presentation:
- The evaluator, in collaboration with the various project stakeholders, will plan a dissemination workshop hosted by CORD in Bosaso during the last week of March 2019, here the evaluator will be presenting the findings of his/her evaluation which will be attended by CORD staff, beneficiaries and local governmental officials.
- Field Visits:
- The evaluator is expected to make visits to project sites and speak to project beneficiaries in order to assess the project impact and come with tangible project impact results. The places of visits include Bosaso, IDPs, surrounding villages, and Secondary Schools in Bosaso.
- KEY EVALUATION METHODOLOGIES:
An overall approach and method for conducting the final evaluation follows DAC evaluation criteria. The evaluator is expected to frame the evaluation effort using these criteria’s (relevance, effectiveness, efficiency, sustainability and impact). A set of questions covering each of these criteria’s must be drafted and be part of the working paper for the consultant. The evaluator is expected to draft these questions, complete them and submit along with the matrix as part of an evaluation inception report, and shall include it as an annex to the final report.
The evaluator will also use the following, but not limited to this, data collection methods.
- Key-Informants Interviews (KII)
- Distribution of questionnaire forms
- Focus Group Discussions (FGD)
- And Observations
Payment to the consultant will be in three instalments; of 20% upon signing the contract, 30% upon submission and acceptance of 1st evaluation draft report and 50% upon submission and acceptance by CORD of the final end of project evaluation report.
- Team Composition
- Educational requirement of MA in Public health/Sociology/Behavioral Science/Migration with five years of experience.
- The evaluation team/evaluator need to have similar experience in evaluating similar projects;
- Experience with International donor financed projects is an advantage,
Any interested consultant/firm can submit both technical and financial proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org, not later than 10 January 2019. For more clarification and further information, please call these cell phones: +252 907782065/+252 907712577.
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: Community Organization for Relief and Development (CORD)
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Bosaso
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: M&E Specialist
- Tags: No Tags
1015 total views, 2 today