Terms of Reference Production of Photographer/Videographer
Terms of Reference
Production of Photographer/Videographer
Target Locations: the photographer/videographer will be expected to travel to 5 locations (Bacad , Shinile, HawaTako, Hegan and Hilac)operational and project sites across the country if required
Save the Children International (SCI) Somalia Country Office seeks to document its resilienceresponse programme and other country programme priorities to support our advocacy and communication agenda. In view of this we would like to identify one professional photographer/videographer who will work closely with the Advocacy, Communication, Campaign and Media (ACCM) team to visit operation areas and project sitesto capture the work SCI is doing in the field.
- Objective of the assignment: to capture and produce high quality photographs and short videos of the partners, communities, process, activities and context showing the impact of our work to children and their families for the use in publications, websites and any other purpose SCI deems appropriate for the promotion of this and other relevant activities. The pictures and short videos will be used to create awareness about revolve fund, income generation activities (IGA), unconditional cash transfer (UCT), functioning community disaster management committees (CDMC) / early warning system (EWS)and water gabions.It will also be used to create awareness about the devastating impacts of the recent floodingand document SCI as part of the Building Resilience Communities in Somalia (BRCiS) consortium interventions in the country.
- Scope to Work: Tasks and shot lists will be in-line with the ACCM weekly work plan and contributing towards the SCI wider communications agenda. In addition, there could be immediate requests with tight deadlines to capture content according to breaking news / stories.Working closely with the ACCM team, the photographer/videographerwill be expected to travel to 5(Bacad , Shinile, HawaTako, Hegan and Hilac)operational and project sites across the country if required to:
- Take high quality pictures of different interventions and capturing children’s stories.
- Create at least 3 videos (3-5 minutes each)with English subtitles on specific work of SCI in Somalia. The storyline will be discussed and agreed upon with the ACCM team prior to filming. The consultant takes full responsibility for the technical part of the video and photo production including the shooting and conducting of interviews, filming B-roll, and sourcing of royalty-free music to accompany the video, if needed.
- Sign consent forms for each interview with the support of the field staff.
- Produce a minimum of 200 edited high quality photos including context shots, portrait shots at each project for each field/site visitedwith captions as per SCI procedure
- Produce a 3-5 minute video (at least 3 videos) documenting SCI work in specific thematic areas to be discussed with ACCM.
- Provide raw footage of all video footage and still imagescapturedin during the contracted period.sites
4.0 Required Experience
The consultant should demonstrate high level of competency and experience in producing similar products, particularly for international organizations working in Somalia.
5.0 Time Frame
The assignment will be conducted betweenFeb20th2019 to March 12th, 2019.
The content of all footage filmed for this assignment is the sole property of SCI. The photographer will be credited for all the materials used.
7:0 Financial proposal
It is estimated that the consultant will take 2 days in each site taking photos and filming. Therefore it will be a total of 15 working daysincludeing reporting.
8.0 Code of Conduct
Because Save the Children’s work is based on deeply held values and principles, it is essential that our commitment to children’s rights and humanitarian principles is supported and demonstrated by all members of staff. Save the Children’s Code of Conduct sets out the standards which all staff members must adhere to
9.0 Expression of Interest
Interested consultants who meet the consultancy requirements should submit the following;
- Application letter should be submitted in PDF format os one document comprising the following;
- Cover Letter: A short (maximum of one page) letter detailing the experience of theapplicant in relation to the required consultancy service
- Technical Proporsal: Brief explanation about the consultant with particular emphasis on the previous experience in this kind of work; profile of the consultant and understanding of the ToR.
- Relavent copies (reports and web links) of similar work
10.0 How to Apply
Please send copy of your complete documentations (experience, technical proposal, lead-time, profile and relevant CVS) to CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org no later than 14th February-2019 at 10:00AM.Any application not meeting the above requirements shall not be considered.Save the Children will consider applications from both individuals and firms.
We work with children, communities and governments all over the world and we believe in the right person for the job regardless of where you come from and how you identify yourself. We need to keep children safe so our selection process reflects our commitment to ensuring that only those who are suitable to work with children are considered for these posts. All successful applicants will, therefore, be required to undergo due diligence and must sign onto our Child Protection Policy and organizational Code of Conduct