Terms of Reference (TOR) Voice Artist for Development of Interactive Digital Content
Terms of Reference (TOR)
Voice Artist for Development of Interactive Digital Content
Somali Girls Education Promotion Project Transition (SOMGEP-T)
The DFID Funded SomaliGirls Education Promotion Transition (SOMGEP-T) project is part of the overall program of CARE Somalia focusing on vulnerable rural women.
The Project – KobcintaWaxbarashadaGabdhaha in Somali is an innovative project aimed at increasing access to education, improve learning outcomes, retention and transition of girls from some of the poorest, most vulnerable and marginalized households in remote and rural areas of Somaliland, Puntland and Galmudug. The project targets multiple transition points, creating the conditions for a transformative increase in the number of girls who complete post-primary education with the competencies needed to become economically and socially empowered. It is expected that the intervention will further reinforce foundational skills and prevent dropout in early grades, so girls can successfully transition from primary to post primary institutions and complete their education.
Objective of the TOR
The project’s interventions include developing interactive digitalcontent to support in the provision of quality education for vulnerable girls. The project seeks to engage a qualified voice artist to support in the development of digital content.
Scope of Work
The consultant will be expected to undertake the following tasks:
- Digital voice recording of teaching/learning contents
- Editing contents of the recorded audio files
Recorded audio contents tailored to the needs of the vulnerable girls
- Diploma or Degree in communication
- Previous experience recording (e.g. radio work, commercial recordings)
- High fluency in both English and Somali languages with clear pronunciation
- Ability to tailor voice to clients’ needs
- Personal attributes;
- Ability to speak in slower pace with clear voice projection.
- Engaging and approachable
- Motivating and encouraging
- Share sample audio for feedback (can be recorded on phone)
- Access to studio to record full script
- Follow script nomenclature
- If editing is not possible, share raw audio files as Wav or m4avia WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google drive
- If editing is possible, share raw audio files as Wav or m4a and edited audio files as mp3svia WeTransfer, Dropbox or Google drive.
- Interested candidates should send minimum of two sample recordings (via WeTransfer, Dropbox or google drive) and updated curriculum vitae to somconsultant@care not later 18th of July 2018.
Female Candidates Only.