TERMS OF REFERENCE (TORs) SHORT-TERM CONSULTANCY FOR SOCIAL RECONCILAITION AND TRUST BUILDING
- Job category: Consultancy
- Post date:5 Jul 2019
- Job expires in: Endless
- Share job:
Center for Research and Dialogue
SHORT-TERM CONSULTANCY FOR SOCIAL RECONCILAITION AND TRUST BUILDING
TERMS OF REFERENCE (TORs)
- GENERAL INFORMATION
Post title: Consultant to Develop training Manuals for social healing and trust building between communities.
Project name: “Strengthening local governance structures and systems for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework’’ Phase II
Type of Contract: Consultancy contract
Duty stations: Mogadishu with travels to project areas
Duration of Assignment: one (1) month
Language required: English, Somali
Expected Starting Date: 24 July, 2019.
Reports to: CRD Coordinator, in cooperation with Fin Church Aid (FCA)
The Center for Research & Dialogue is an independent not-for profit organization, based in Somalia that aims to promote the social economic and political rebuilding of the country. The Center uses participatory research as a mean to facilitate processes of dialogue, consensus building, policy development and institutional capacity building at the national and local levels. CRD is a local actor with extensive experience in promoting and enabling the participation of local actors in peace building processes at both the grassroots and the various governmental level. FCA’s primary partner, CRD is collaboratively implementing a range of programmes designed to support/address: peace and state building; intra-clan conflict; and improving capacity of state/government institutions.
CRD is a member of the FCA led consortium in the project:” Strengthening local governance structures and systems for more accountable and inclusive Federal Member States in support of the Wadajir National Framework”. The project is building on a consortium of three partners including FCA Somalia, Center for Research and Dialogue (CRD) and the Electoral Institute for Sustainable Democracy in Africa (EISA).
- CRD seeks a qualified candidate, on a consultancy, to develop training manuals for social healing programmes & training of facilitators.
- RESPONSIBILITIES AND DUTIES
The tasks of the consultant are as follows but not limited to:
- Facilitating meaningful dialogue among the communities to pave the way for the formation of local councils and administrations for people driven processes
- Development of training manuals for social healing and trust building
- Draft preliminary questions for inclusive district formation process to be used for community consultations.
- Develop a reconciliation plan for the districts to support the district council formation process and in future to be used by new district councils .
- Develop an outreach strategy for the reconciliation work and process in the district
- To develop an appropriate training programme and train facilitators (peace committees) for social healing.
- Assessing the pros and cons of possible strategies and making recommendations for improvement.
- Compile and present written reports as required throughout the consultancy
- EXPECTED RESULTS/OUTPUTS
The key deliverables would be the following:
- Good quality final report on Social healing aiming to build trust and enhance community cohesion to contribute positively to district council formation process
- Development of a user friendly, innovative guidelines/manual that includes the use of technology for social healing
- Development of an outreach strategy for reconciliation work.
- QUALIFICATIONS / SPECIAL SKILLS OR KNOWLEDGE REQUIRED OF THE CONSULTANT
- Planning and organization: Ability to plan, develop training manual and facilitate meaningful dialogue among the communities to pave the way for the formation of local councils and administrations for people driven processes
- Communication: Excellent written and spoken communication skills in Somali and English. The ability to translate short communication materials, including for example brochures and websites, into other languages such as Somali is considered a plus. Experience in using communication tools and designing communication campaigns.
- Curiosity and open-mindedness: Ability to ask questions to clarify, and exhibit interest in having two-way communication; demonstrate openness in sharing information and keeping people informed.
- Teamwork: Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues to achieve organizational goals; ability to solicit inputs by genuinely valuing others’ ideas and expertise; willingness to learn from others, and ability to work in a multi-cultural, multi-ethnic environment. Capacity to work with transparency; capacity to build trust in colleagues.
- Education: A University degree and/or professional training in either peace building and conflict management, Community Development, Sociology or equivalent experience.
- Professional Experience: Over 10 years work experience in the area of Peace-Building and Conflict Management (PB&CM) or managing communities/networks is required for this assignment. The candidate should also have vast working experience with NGOs with a focus on social reconciliation, community healing and trust-building.
- Languages: For this position fluency in written and spoken English and Somali is essential; ability to work with partners, community leaders and other stakeholders.
- Other Skills:
- Ability/skills to facilitate community reconciliation/dialogue forums
- The candidate must be able to foster cooperation among a diversity of public officials and relevant stakeholders.
- Ability to communicate and write
- Experience in planning
- Experience in project management
- Experience in research
- Good writing skills
- Ability to make quick decisions and take initiative
- Excellent computer skills are required in the complete Microsoft Office Suite
- Required documents for the consultancy
- Cover letter
- Updated CV
- Costs proposal and availability
- Applicants are invited to send their application and CV to: –
All applications must be received on or before Friday 21th July 2019 at 04:30 P.M
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1022 total views, 1 today