TERMS OF REFERENCE TRANSLATION OF KEY RI HR POLICY TO SOMALIA LANGUAGE INTRODUCTION
- Job category: Translator/Interpretor
- Post date:1 Dec 2019
- Share job:
TERMS OF REFERENCE
TRANSLATION OF KEY RI HR POLICY TO SOMALIALANGUAGE INTRODUCTION:
Relief International(RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 20 countries to relieve
poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings,responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarianand development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the ground work for long-term impact.Our signature approach—which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services,strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way ,we empower communities to find,design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
The significance of translation in our daily life is extensively multidimensional.
Quality language translation aims to bridge the communication gap by helping Organizations reach the irentire local staff by talking in a language their employees can understand and relate to.
Translation is exceptionally important for Organizations which operate in multiple countries and often need to share and receive information from different global offices across the world. In such cases,the shared information including Policies needs to be translated into a locally preferred language so that everyoneinvolvedis on the same page.
Properly translatingthe OrganizationalHR Policiesin awaythatyour entireworkforcecan understandisvital.Failuretodosocanleadtoprofessionalmisunderstandings,andevenlegal complications.HRPolicyisoneof thethreemainareasof Organizationsthatrequirecareful translations.
Theofficiallanguageof SomaliaisSomali,whichwasentirelyanorallanguageuntil1972 whenthe writtenformwasintroduced.The major concerninmost ofSomali workersisalack of Englishproficiency.
Inlinewith this,ReliefInternational Somaliaisplanning tolocalizeandtranslatethekeyHR policesfromEnglishtoSomali languagesothat staffcanunderstandeasilythroughtheirlocal language and comply.
Toconductthetranslation,RIseekstheassistanceof consultant(s),with extensiveexperience inTranslation of highly technical documents, especially thoserelevanttoOrganizational policies.
The overallobjective is to;
- TranslateRIHRPoliciestoSomalilanguagesothatstaffcaneasilyunderstandand comply.
- EnsureavailabilityoftranslatedPoliciestoSomalilanguageforincountryuseandin monitoring staffcare & child protection and well-being in Somalia.
- Increase fieldstaff capacity and their understanding of RI HR Policies and for identifying and assessingthe strengths and weaknesses within the policies.
SCOPE OF WORK:
The translator willconduct the following translation activities in closework with RI Somalia
- Translate the HR policydocumentsinto Somalia language.(Alltexts, includingtext contained in figures, boxes, captions, sourcesandcovers requiretranslation and proof reading).
- Proof-read the translated documentsand design for printing with both the Somaliand
English texts, appearingtogether.
- Share and presentthe draft translation toSomalia HRteam forreview andsuggestion and as andwhen requested byHRdepartment.
- The translator is required to maintain consistency between the terms and definitions used in both the documents.
- The translator is expected to perform terminology research toensure accuracy and appropriateness of translation. Thetranslator is also responsible for ensuring quality and accuracy of the entire document before submitting it toRI Somalia.
- Finalprinting work along with minor translationchanges(ifany) is to becarried out only afterthe endorsement of the policyby thecabinet.
TocompleteacomprehensivetranslationofRIHRPoliciestoSomalilanguagefor ensuringclarityand correctness.
Toverifythateachchapterreadswellbyestablishingflowingtones,cohesionand properstructureandtodeliverafinalproductin atimelymannerandofpublishable quality.
- The work isexpectedtobe undertaken Within December, 2019:
anticipated7 working days. This includestime for consultation with key experts.
RI HRPolicies to be translated from English language to Somalilanguage;
- Global Information Security – Safeguarding Company Information (8 Pages)
- Anti-Corruption (8 Pages)
- Incident Reporting Mechanism Training (3 Pages)
- Preventing Discrimination in the Workplace (14 pages)
- Working Together-Promoting Mutual Respect (8 Pages)
üTotalof 41pages documents.
- Paymentswillbemadetothetranslatoruponcompletionofthewholetranslation activitysubjectto technicalquality approvalby theManagementortheSeniorHR Officer.
- All documentsrelated to this assignment shallremain the sole and exclusiveproperty of Relief International.
CONDITIONS OF WORK
TheTranslatorshall submittoRelief InternationalaProposedTECHNICALand FINANCIALPROPOSALS, TRACKRECORDandOFFICIALSUPPORTDOCUMENTS of successfulcompletion of pastpolicytranslation assignments.
- a) Logistics:contractedtranslatorwillbeexpectedtousehis/herowncomputer.Since TheTranslatorwill workfrom Home,RIwillnot provide Transportations, Accommodationand meals
- b) Theconsultantwillbe required to abidebyRI securityprocedures andrules inplace forstaff.Priortostartingtheassignment,theconsultantwillbetakenthroughthechild safe guarding policy forRI and shallbe expectedto sign and abide by it.
- c) Contract: a contract agreementwill be signed between the consultant and RI
immediately after completion of theselection process.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCES
Master’s degree in Linguistics, HR, Social Science, Business or relatedareas;
Minimum3-5 years of professionaltranslation experience inthe relevant area.
Policies, HumanDevelopment etc.
Proven skills in translation and interpretation fromand intoEnglish andSomali.
Excellent communication skill in both English and Somali.
Excellent analytical, organizational and communicationskills.
Cultural awareness, sensitivityand contextual knowledgeof Somalicontext.
Abilityto deliver high quality products in atimelymanner.
Applications should be submitted within 5 working days starting from the dates of announcement on the Website and should be sent to email@example.com
Please indicate the title as “HR POLICY TRANSLATOR “in the subject line.
RI is an equal opportunity employer and only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
Deadline: 5thDecember, 2019.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1033 total views, 2 today