ToR for Agronomist/Training Consultant
ToR for Agronomist/Training Consultant
|ORGANIZATION:||Human Appeal, www.humanappeal.org.uk|
|Improving Livelihood and Agriculture Production of Poor Farmers in
Luuq and Bardere Districts, Gedo Region, Somalia.
|VACANCY TYPE:||Agronomist / Training Consultant with specialty inGood Agricultural
|STUDY:||To conduct Training on Agricultural Production for farmers and
|LOCATION:||Luuq and Bardere Districts, Gedo Region, Somalia|
|REPORTING TO:||Field Coordinator or Programme Manager|
|WORKING WITH:||Programme Team|
|STARTING DATE:||July, 2019|
Human Appeal is a non-profit organization working across the globe to strengthen humanity’s struggle against poverty, social injustice and natural disaster. Through the provision of immediate relief and establishment of sustainable development programmes, we aim to invest in real effective solutions.
Now over 25 years, Human Appeal has a presence in 24 countries spanning across 3 continents: Asia, Africa and Europe. 2018 is an exciting time as we continue to build on our achievements to transform the lives of millions of people across the world. We are looking for an incredible Finance officer to join our teams in Mogadishu office.
Human Appeal Somalia provides emergency and early recovery interventions to the conflict and natural disasters affected populations in different sectors including WASH, shelter/NFI, child protection, food security and livelihoods.
Human Appeal Somalia iscurrentlyimplementingsix monthsLivelihoodand Agriculture Production ProjectinLuuq and Barderedistricts, Gedo Region.Thecomponentsoftheprojectincludes;Training farmer on Good Agricultural Practices to minimize their exposure to shocks and they will be expected to train the rest 2000 household farmers. The training will be conducted in a number of sessions. Good crop and farm management are important ingredients for a good harvest and the techniques the famers will deploy on their farms will reflect in the production and consequently have food for their household. Also, provision of irrigation pumps and preparation and clearance of lands are part of the project activities.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Agronomist/Training Consultant will work closely with Human Appeal Project team at the project locations in Somalia. S/he will provide agricultural technical support to the implementation of the project. He will also provide Good Agricultural Production Training to the project beneficiaries in Luuq and Bardere Districts, Gedo Region, Somalia. The consultancy period is for 1 Month and the successful consultant’s main priority will be to provide Training to the farmers in the project locations (Luuq and Bardere districts) to improve their Agricultural Production.
The consultant is expected to provided needs tailored training, mentorship and coaching to the farmers. The consultant will work with the Human Appeal Somalia for over period of 1 Month on milestone bases and train farmers in understandable approach.
- Todevelop training sessions and materials dependent on the results of the Baseline Survey.
- Provide Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Training to the selected farmers and project beneficiaries.
- Provide technical support to the implementation of the project in Luuq and Bardere districts, Gedo Region, Somalia.
- Human Appeal invites suitable candidates to submit Expression of Interest, CV with the relevant experiences and reports of similar work done before as evidence of capacity andskills.
- The candidate must demonstrate in depth practical knowledge of Agricultural Production, either within Somalia or similarcontext.
- At least 3-6 years of hands on experience on Agronomy or Agriculturalproduction.
- Experience in similar assignment is essential and Qualified Somali candidates are strongly encouraged toapply.
- Familiar with Good Agricultural Practices (GAP) Training.
- Familiar with region where the Project is implemented.
- Ability to assess and review critically the project activities andresults.
- Good knowledge and experience in analytical assessment and participatory techniques.
The ideal candidate for this position must have the followings:
- Frequent travel to and from the target areas (project site).
- Ability to work under critical situation in the project site.
- Good interaction with local authorities and community representatives.
- Familiarity with the project site and local context.
All applications should be sent to email@example.com 15th June 2019 with Agronomist/Training Consultantasthesubjectline.Allapplicants must meet the minimum requirements described above, and those unable to meet these requirements will not beconsidered. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
Each application should include the following:
- An application letter addressing how the consultant’s previous experience matches the consultancy objectives as well as the ToRof the position. It should also indicate the candidate’s availability. The letter should be no longer than one page.
- A sample of recentwork;
- Updated CV including relevant work experience andqualifications;
- Contact details of 3 references.
Applications not including all the above information will not be reviewed. Female candidates are encouraged to apply. Human Appeal is an equal opportunity employer.