TOR for communication specialist
TOR for communication specialist
Position: Communication specialist
Number of position: 1
Closing date: 8td October, 2019
Duration: 12 Months
Shaqodoon is a local NGO founded in 2011 to create innovative and long-lasting solutions to Somalia/land’s youth employment challenges. The NGO is the upshot of the former EDC Somali livelihood project funded by USAID that provided youth in Somaliland, Puntland and South-Central Somalia with greater opportunities to access to work, training, internships, and self-employment opportunities. The organization designs, delivers and evaluates innovative programs to address some of the local community’s most urgent challenges in livelihood skill training, education, and health.
Shaqodoon is a national platform whose goal is to prioritize youth employment and education on the development agenda and to exchange knowledge on effective policies and programs to improve employment and education opportunities for youth, prioritizing at-risk youth, marginalized groups, and people who have lost hope and are thus often jailed for local crimes. Shaqodoon Organization is a service provider dedicated to skill development, employment services, youth entrepreneurship, private sector business development, and technology for development. Shaqodoon makes use of participatory methods to ensure youth participate in delivering its services.
Shaqodoon organization is seeking an experienced, passionate, and hardworking communication specialist to join our team. He/She will support our internal and external communication and community engagement strategy execution.
- Responsible the development and production of publicity materials
- Regularly maintain the contents the organization’s website and social media accounts up to date
- Develop communication strategies and procedures and manage the communication archives
- Determines communications strategy and execute programs to deliver communications objectives throughout the organization.
- Lead the preparation and the production of success stories, video documentaries and pictures of the programs
- Provide information alerts and respond to enquiries received through a range of communication channels including website, beneficiaries’ feedback system and the social media accounts
- Create and launch press releases and marketing campaigns in regards to the organization’s SMS feedback system
- Prepare bimonthly briefing article on the development and progress about the organizations intervention areas
- Maintain confidentiality and observe data protection and associated guidelines where appropriate
- Manage organization’s reputation with its stakeholders through communication
- Ensure both international and local public views of the organization favorably.
- Develop strong relationships with media and manage media relations and maximize media opportunities.
- To adhere to existing working practices, methods, procedures, undertake relevant training and development activities and to respond positively to new and alternative systems.
- Review all the visibility materials and support program staff on visibility and other communication material development as per Organization branding and visibility guideline and improve organizational external branding.
- Conduct communication capacity building for both regional and field staff
- Lead and oversee crowdfunding campaigns for the startups supported by Shaqodoon
- Provides substantive support to ensure that communication performance indicators are identified, incorporated, monitored and reported on throughout the bigger communication strategy.
- Carry out any ad hoc tasks relating to communication as required by the organization.
Necessary qualifications, experience and skills:
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, mass media, political science or related field
- At least two years of work experience and demonstrated success in a communications role that includes social media and content management
- Exceptional writing and editing skills, including the ability to write for a variety of audiences and communications mediums
- Excellent organizational skills, able to multi-task and set priorities, and comfortable with asking for help or reconsideration of priorities
- Extremely detail oriented and comfortable developing and/or working with project plans/timelines
- Flexible and able to work effectively under pressure and deadlines
- Excellent computer skills
- Experience using social media, including Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn and YouTube
- Creative and resourceful
- Demonstrated ability to work in cross-cultural and international settings
Interested candidates should send their applications with CV and cover letter with three professional referees and your day time phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org , closing date is 8th October, 2019