TOR for selecting prequalified Training Facilitators and co-Facilitators to Infant and young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainings
|Activity||TOR for selecting prequalified Training Facilitators and co-Facilitators to Infant and young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainings|
CARE International with the support of ministry of health are implementing a livesaving health and nutrition projects aimed to provide integrated life-saving nutrition, health and wash services to vulnerable children under 5 and PLW living in Sanaag, Bari and Sool Regions.
As part of improving the quality of health and nutrition services provided to the beneficiaries CARE International is planning to provide Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) training and Infant and Young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainingsto MOH Nutrition staff in supported health facilities in Sanaag, Bari and Sool regions. This is aimed to strengthen the detection and management of malnutrition amongst children. CARE will also strengthen nutrition health and hygiene promotions in all their OTP centers.
- Purpose of assignment
Provision of Infant and young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainings to project staff and mother to mother support group leaders.
- Activities and Tasks
The consultants/facilitators are required to conduct two different trainings for project staff namely Infant and young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainings.
As per IYCF Training guide at least two Facilitators should conduct the training. Ideally, there will be one Facilitator for every 3 – 5 Participants. The Facilitators should be IYCF experts with community-based experience and skills in facilitatingsuch trainings for healthcare workers as well as community members. . Four facilitators will be required for both trainings (Infant and young Child Feeding (IYCF) and Mother-to-mother Support Group (MTMSG) trainings)
- Deliverables and outcome
Below are the key deliverables for the Lead facilitator and the Co-facilitators
- Conduct IYCF training based on the IYCF in emergencies guidelines.
- Provide a TOR on the methodology and training materials to be used for the IYCF and MTMSG trainings
- Conduct the training as per IYCF protocols and complete all sessions within the time frame (class room activities).
- Provide training on importance of IYCF, how to do counselling (listening and learning skills, behaviour change steps), recommended IYCF Practices (all four components; early initiationof BF, Exclusive breast feeding, timely and appropriate complementary feeding for 6-24 months and continued breastfeeding for upto 2 years).
- How to breast feed (How the breast works and Good attachment and positioning)
- How to complete IYCF forms (Counselling, group education, mother-to-mother support groups and checklist)
- Conduct practical sessions and take IYCF counsellors to the field for field practices and share and feedback.
- Conduct IYCF Assessment of mother/chair pair and use the IYCF tool kit to provide training of specialised IYCF assessment in emergency settings
- Conduct action oriented group sessions about IYCF Support group activities and
- Home visit practices.
- Required qualifications, technical background, experience and desired competencies
- Degree or Post -graduate degree in nutrition or public health.
- At least 4 years’ experience in field of nutrition
- Trained IYCF TOT
- Knowledge of key IYCF guidelines and key IYCF challenges in Somalia is necessary (
- Experience in provision of IYCFtraining is compulsory.
- Experience and knowledge in conducting trainings (Training facilitation skills)
- Strong capacity for training, specifically in the domain of nutrition emergency in all its components (planning, treatment and Prevention)
- Good understanding of IYCF programming in general and IYCF in emergencies
- Conditions and administrative related activities
- CVs including professional referees
- Financial bids: Training consultant/facilitator/co-facilitator will come up with details of exact training fees per day including transportation cost to and fro in areas of the training
- Transport costs and any other costs related to this work should be included as part of the consultancy fees. This will not be covered separately by CARE.
- The training consultant/facilitator/co-facilitator will be responsible to bring all necessary laptop and computer accessories.
- CARE will short list only successful applicants.
- How to apply
- Interested candidates should send their updated CVs with the facilitator/co-facilitator fees per day as described above the email address email@example.com by or before25thApril 2019.