TOR – Psychosocial Trainer Post
Ministry of employment social affairs and family is mandated organ of Somaliland government for the development of Gender, protection of vulnerable groups including women, children, disabilities, and people living with HIV AIDS minority groups through integrated and holistic programs as well as formulating legal frameworks furthermore establishing holistic and constructive coordination among social protection and gender development section. In addition to this ministry of employment social affairs and family established national gender-based violence working group (GBVWG) for six regions in Somaliland, the primary objectives of these GBV WG is to find a comprehensive platform which FGM women’s champions members to discuss challenges and gaps of FGM/c as well as to share information related on GBV incidence including GM/C.
The Psychosocial Trainer, under the supervision of the Center Manager, will be responsible for the design, preparation, and delivery of holistic safety training and workshops to media practitioners and human rights defenders. Specific duties include, but are not limited to, the following:
In coordination with the ministry of employment, social affairs and family (MESAF) and also UNFPA which funded this program the incumbent will be responsible by the following
- Ensure a holistic approach and coordination with the trainers. This includes, but is not limited to, writing and presenting integrated lessons that require simultaneous delivery by the trainers.
- Deliver training promoting psychosocial care including risk management, stress management, basic psychosocial planning, incident management, information management, and communication.
- Review and help develop and/or contextualize training material with a psychosocial perspective.
- Conduct follow-ups with training participants.
- Provide emergency psychosocial support to individuals with priority to SAFE trainees.
- Contribute to providing risk-reducing security strategies and individual risk mitigation plans to high-risk journalists.
- Assist in conducting solidarity events.
Skills and Experience:
- Masters in Psychology required;
- 3-5 years’ experience conducting trainings, specifically training individuals in security or emergency protocols preferred;
- Experience working with media preferred;
- Must be open to learning and adapting training material for a holistic approach, combining physical and digital curricula and risk management as well as piloting new adult learning techniques;
- Substantial experience working in high-risk environments or emergency situations;
- Analytical capability and experience of report-writing and presenting key findings and recommendations in a clear manner;
- Proficient English required, both speaking and writing;
The applicants should send their C.v and cover letter with recommendations letter from their previous employer to the Email email@example.com & firstname.lastname@example.org where the shortlist will contact soon after the deadline of this post.
The application of this position will end 15 September 2019
- Posted by: somalijobs
- Company: Somaliland Ministry of Employment, Social Affairs & Family
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Hargeisa
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: No Categories
- Tags: No Tags
765 total views, 12 today