Senior Marketing Director
|Location:Iftin Group Building Garowe, DB HQ
About Daryeel Bank
Senior Marketing Director
Daryeel Bank (DB) is a Somali Bank which is licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia (CBS). The DB is headquartered in Garowe, the capital of the Puntland State of Somalia, with branches in all over Somalia. The DB works closely with other major operators of the Somali financial industrysuch asIftin Group, a larger conglomerate of companies that has been established in 2006 by experienced Somali entrepreneurs that are experts in such business areas as the international money transfer (known also as Hawala), real state and related business fields.Iftin Group has a large customer base with more than 300 branches throughout the world.
To meet the increasing needs of the Somali customers for modern, efficient and affordable banking services, Daryeel Bank has been established in early 2018. To facilitate its customers worldwide, particularly its customers in the Somali peninsula, DB has introduced the latest financial products and financial services by taking advantage of the skills of its dedicated technology and innovation teams. The YEEL mobile payment platform is only one example of these modern banking services.
About the position and the ideal candidate
To develop further, manage effectively its marketing operations and reach out new customers, Daryeel Bank is recruiting a Senior Marketing Director.We are looking for a highly qualified, dynamic and proactive marketing professional who bringsto DB a wealth of national and international experience gained in the financial industry with special focus on marketing. The ideal candidate has also a solid academic credentials and at least 10years of progressive professional experience in marketing (management) in the financial sector, particularly in the Sharia-abiding or Islamic banking industry. The successful Marketing Director, who reports to the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), will be responsible of the DB’s Marketing Department. S/he will manage DB’s marketing operations as well as the marketing team. S/he will be based in Garowe with regular travel to various branches throughout Somali peninsula and, as required to other international destinations. The key tasks of the Senior Marketing Director include but are not limited to:
· Review the existing marketing policy of DB and update it as required
· In collaboration with the senior management of the DB assess the marketing needs of the DB and formulate strategic marketing objectives and targets of the DB
· Design a new marketing strategy and operational plan to achieve DB’s strategic (global and local) marketing objectives
· Oversee the day-to-day marketing operations of the bank while implementing the marketing plan
· Be responsible of reaching out and acquisition of new (institutional and individual) customers while consolidating and informing even better the current base of DB’s customers
· Supervise, coach and constantly assess the performance of the marketing staff of the DB
· Work closely with the Heads of DB branches, Directors of other departments, and the top management team.
· On regular basis carry out market assessment and monitoring activities with special focus on both real and potential challenges and opportunities
· Any other duty assigned by the CEO.
Salary: DB will offer a competitive remuneration based on the qualification and experience of the successful candidate.
Application: please send your application, complete with cover letter, updated CV and three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org before or by 15th May 2019. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.