Two Branch Communication Officers.
Branch Communication Officer
Job Title :Two Branch Communication Officers.
Organizational unit: Communication Department
Reporting to: Communication Department Director and Branch Coordinator.
Duty Station:SRCS Somaliland( Sool and Sanaag .)
Posting Date : 10 January 2019
Posting Expiry Date:20 January 2019
Contract Type : fixed Term (Feb – December2019) Possibleextension
Overall Job Purpose
Build and maintain a positive image in order to create good-will and credibility among our stakeholders.Other responsibilities include monitoring the implementation of humanitarian services to identify, capture and document success stories, assisting with the production of press releases, supporting media coverage and liaising with stakeholders to identify beneficiary impact stories for dissemination
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
Programs Planning & Implementation
- Disseminate knowledge of international humanitarian law, norms and the Fundamental Principles of the Movement among the population, partners, humanitarian actors and all levels of government.
- Coordinate media relations, draft press releases, facilitate press interviews, monitor media coverage, promptly respond to media inquiries and requests to promote coverage of SRCS programs activities
- Document human interest and news stories of SRCS programs activities, initiatives and expertise can be illustrated and promoted.
- Monitor programs implementation to identify, capture and document, innovative approaches and best practices for the purposes of disseminating and sharing experiences
- Support the planning and organization of conferences, events, exhibitions and all humanitarian emergency campaigns to inform stakeholders and enhance SRCS image and reputation.
- Liaise with printers and other suppliers to ensure publications adhere to specifications
- Manage and update relevant mailing lists and contact information, including the media
Represent SRCS at various fora and attend relevant meetings and events to promote communication programs activities
Skills and Competences:
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional practice in Communications, Journalism, International Relations, Social Sciences
- Good skills in basic mathematics is essential and ideally some exposure to the application of statistics and data management (e.g the post-holder will need to be able to add up totals, calculate percentages and ratios, understand basic statistical analysis, as well as the ability to collect, analyze and store relevant data)
- Minimum 2 years relevant experience demonstrated experience in developing and implementing effective media and communications programs as well as coming up with creative narratives, script writing and using storyboards to produce videos and related publications.
- Good communication skills and ability to write reports with concise information;
- Good computer skills, including MS Office.
- Fluency in English and local language.
- Willing to adhere to the principles of the Red Cross/Red Crescent movement;
- SRCS Somaliland Volunteers will be preferable.
- Willing to travel outside Region for field visits, including other regions in Somaliland.
Who we are
The Somaliland Red Crescent Society is a non-profit organization part of the Red Cross and Red Crescent Movement based on the seven principles of humanity, impartiality, neutrality, independence, voluntary service, unity and universality. Our aim is to support the society, particularly the most vulnerable.
SRCS offers a contract of one year, renewable depending on both funding and performance. You must be available to start work as soon as possible and willing to work the coverage of your region whether Sool or Sanag region , with field trips to the districts and villages of your region.
Salary and conditions are according to SRCS terms of employment for national staff.
If you are interested and think that your profile match with the requirements, you can apply sending your CV email@example.com 20rd January 2019.