VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMNET (22 Positions)
|Dowlad Goboleedka Hirshabelleee Soomaaliya|
|دولة إقليم هير شبيلي الصومالية|
HIRSHABELLE STATE OF SOMALIA
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION
VACANCIES ANNOUNCEMNET (22 Positions)
|Job Title:||Director Generals|
|Ministry/Employing Authority:||Hirshabelle Line Ministries|
|Reporting to:||Minister/Deputy Minister/State Minister|
|Working Hours:||36 hrs. Per week|
- Purpose of the positions
The Director General (s) is the Managerial and Administrative head of the Ministry and Controlling Manager. The Office of the Director General will be responsible in directing and coordinating the activities of the Ministry. She/he performs the policy setting role while the functional Heads of Department are responsible for executing the technical aspects of the Ministry’s functions
Directors-General are required to build a culture that is based on professionalism, respect and integrity to ensure a free conducive working environment. They acknowledge the responsibilities of Ministers and support managers to make evidence-based decisions. They build a career structure for the civil service that is free from nepotism and patronage and that is, seen to be based on merit. Create and maintain stakeholders’ confidence that their leadership fosters and promotes ethical decision making, and act truthfully, fairly and in the public interest.
- Duties and Responsibilities
The Director-General is the leader of the entire Ministry department, with portfolio oversight, and not limited to will carry the following responsibilities:
- Exercising supervision over the Ministerial Departments for which the Minister/ Deputy Minister are politically responsible;
- Keeping the Minister and Deputy Minister informed of the progress made in translating policy decision into actions;
- Advising the Minister and Deputy Minister on all questions of policy which are within the scope of the Ministry’s responsibility;
- In consultation with the Minister and other stakeholders, develop a multiyear strategic plan and annual operating plans for the Ministry.
- Establishing and implementing government policies, strategies and programs related to administration, good governance, and its implementation.
- Monitoring and executing the Ministry budget and that of the institutions under supervision of the Minister/Deputy Minister.
- Ensuring that decisions on these policies are transmitted to proper institutions for execution;
- Provide informed, evidence based advice to government;
- Implement the Government’s policies, programs and priorities;
- Deliver high quality, innovative, value-added policies and services;
- Exercise sound judgment and risk management practices in decision making;
- Drive effective, efficient and appropriate use of public resources;
- Develop a workforce and leadership practices that build a constructive culture with a focus on performance, capability building and personal accountability and nurturing of leadership potential;
- Maximize competitive advantage of a diverse and inclusive workforce;
- Create collaborations and build quality partnerships;
- Partner with all sectors to optimize departmental performance;
- Participate with the Civil Service Commission in the selection or recommendation of candidates for approved posts in the Ministry following the procedures set out in instructions of Civil Service recruitment procedures.
- Managing the performance of the staff of the Ministry, in accordance with the Civil Service decree, and ensure effective, efficient and timely completion of the tasks of the Ministry.
- Prepare monthly, Quarterly and Annual Reports as Requested By the Ministry Management.
- Carry out Any other duties assigned by the top management.
- Educational, Qualification and Experiences
- Interested candidates are highly advised only to apply line ministries they possess or fit its academic qualifications and experiences
- Relevant bachelor’s degree academic field. Masters qualifications is desirable
- Have at least three (3) years of work experience, two (2) years of which should have been in a leadership position or at a top management level in the Public Service or Private Sector
- Proven managerial skills and experience;
- Demonstrable experience in developing strategic and business plans;
- Strong understanding of government financial management and measures of performance;
- Sound knowledge with best management practices;
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills;
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and presentation skills;
- Outstanding analytical and problem-solving skills;
The 21 vacancies of Director Generals are as follows:
- Ministry of Education
- Ministry of Agriculture
- Ministry of Justice
- Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Ministry of Transport
- Ministry of Health
- Ministry of Fisheries
- Ministry of Interior and Local Governance
- Ministry of Constitution
- Ministry of Livestock
- Ministry of Commerce and Industries
- Ministry of Environment and Rural Development
- Ministry of Public Works and Reconstruction
- Ministry of Information Culture and Tourism
- Ministry of Labor and Social Affairs
- Ministry of Planning Investment and International Cooperation
- Ministry of Ports and Marine Transports
- Ministry of Water and Mining
- Ministry of Internal Security
- Ministry of Religious Affairs
- Ministry of Posts and Telecommunication
- Director General (State Presidency of Chief Staff)
How to apply
Please download Application Form:
Interested candidates who meet the criteria are encouraged to fill the form and send to email:
firstname.lastname@example.org by not later than 23rd Dec 2018
- Please quote the position you are applying for in the subject of the e-mail.
- Application form should be sent as attachment in word format.
- Female and people with disabilities are highly encouraged to apply.
- Canvassing will lead to automatic disqualification.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- If you are shortlisted for an interview, you will be required to come with
- your original academic and professional certificates during the interview day.
- For more information please visit the following website www.somalijobs.net