Vocational Training Centre/ Host trainers’ selection
SAVE THE CHILDREN INTERNATIONAL
|Location: Mogadishu, BMZ project
Subject: Vocational Training Centre/ Host trainers’ selection
Application Deadline: 12th October-19 at 10:00AM.
Send documents To:CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org
Somalia has one of the highest youth unemployment rates in the world with two out of every three young Somali employment seekers not being able to find work. Even within the country, the youth (15-29 years) have much higher unemployment rate than the working age. Among the youth, female have even higher unemployment rate than the male. These are extremely high unemployment rates, especially considering high labour force participation rate among the youth population. Employment generation for youth is an obvious priority for the country since the youth are unable to secure employment despite actively seeking work. In Mogadishu specifically, around 72% of the unemployed youth are actively looking for a job.
The primary focus of the BMZ Mogadishu TVET intervention revolves around skills training and employment pathways to employment (wage or self-employment). The BMZ and SCI recognizes, as does the Government that TVET cannot by itself ensure employment; employment is a complex equation, where demand-driven TVET is an important element but employment-creating policies within a number of policy areas also play an important role, as does the direct involvement of the private sector.
- 0 SCOPE OF WORK:
Save the Children, in close collaboration with the Ministry of Education intends to undertake a process to procure TVET training institutions and Host-trainers to apply for this specialized training delivery around Mogadishu. Save the Children intends to engage Technical Institutions/Host trainers with relevant experience, manpower, equipment, syllabus, materials, linkages with the private sector and TVET skills to deliver this action. Save the children, ministry of education and the selected technical institution will do the selection of the training opportunity for vulnerable out of school youth aged between 18- 30 years 40% women. The result is expected to become the basis for placement of at least 100 trainees (in 2 different training approaches -70 DuoTVET and 30 IBTVET) in relevant market-demand driven skills in the following skills areas.
|4||Somali Hand craft||Female|
|5||Construction(bricks and Interlock||Male|
|7||Carpentry and Joinery||Male|
|8||Refrigeration Cooling systems||Male|
2.0 Objectives of the Training Program
SCI intends to seek technical institutions that will provide technical skills to trainees in the relevant technical skills set. The selected technical institution is expected to deliver entrepreneurial skills to the trainees, provide enabling and convenient environment for the learners.The selected technical institution is expected to;
- a) Tailor the course to the trainees different skills set in line with the fundamental principles of the course.
- b) Evaluate the trainee’s skills and provide requisite remedial sessions where possible
- c) Adjust to changes in the nature of work in the environment/conditions.
- d) Extend the scope of understanding of the industry and society in which he/she works and lives.
- e) Prepare for the advancement to the next level of training
The deliverables / outputs are:
- Recruitment of 100 trainees 40% women
- Induction of trainees
- Placement with VTCs and or SMEs Host training enterprises for TVET Plus training
- The duration of the training will be 8-9 months.
- Training delivery
- In depth requirement shall be spelt in the final contract.
4.0 EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Interested institutions who meet the below requirements are encouraged to apply;
- Previous relevant technical experience related to the sought technical training skills set- please attach previous scanned and stamped contract.
- A detailed work plan and proposal on how to handle the skills training
- Relevant registration certificates
- Presence of technical centers/ offices with relevant capacity
- Budget break down for the skills sets
- CVs of the technical staff on the different skills set.
6.0 HOW TO APPLY
Interested technical institutions should submit applications with the subject line of the email address” Vocational Training Centre/ Host trainers’selection to CSS.LOGISTICS@savethechildren.org
The application closes at12th October-2019, any applications after the deadline shall not be reviewed.