WASH ASSISTANT (2 Positions)
WASH ASSISTANT (2 Positions)
|Organization||GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization|
|Position Title||WASH Assistant|
|Location/Duty Station||Yeed/ Bakool 1 Position
Qoryooley 1 Position
|Commitment to Diversity||GREDO is an equal opportunities employer.|
GREDO is an indigenous local NGO. Non-profit non-partial, non- political and voluntary organization based in Baidoa. To reach the most affected grass-root communities in Bay and Bakool regions effectively and efficiently, the necessity of local partnership in relief program appeared. Responding to the partnership need, a group of Somali intellectuals and well-wishers initiated in December 1992 a local non-governmental organization called Gargaar Relief and Development Organization GREDO). The organization has implemented during these period different projects including relief and emergency programs and later improved into rehabilitation and developmental programs.
To contribute to GREDO’s capacity to meet its drought response and child survival objectives in Somalia, through the provision of quality water and sanitation programmes in emergencies. The role will specifically address emergency water and sanitation, temporary construction or rehabilitation needs through assessment, programme design, management, capacity building and evaluation. The role exists to: assist in implementing direct emergency hygiene promotion and sanitation programmes; build capacities of hygiene promotion assistants, volunteers; and support hygiene promotion activities for GREDO’s core programme sectors of health, Nutrition, Education, protection and Resilience.
Qualifications and Experience
- Ordinary National Diploma in Public Health, Community Health, community development or Social studies
- Experience from working as a Project Assistant in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Experience from working with WASH projects in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Excellent communication skills
- Politically and culturally sensitive with qualities of patience, tact and diplomacy
- Commitment to the aims and principles of in particular, a good understanding of GREDO mandate and child focus and an ability to ensure this continues to underpin our support
- Computer literate
- A moderate level of written and spoken English and good communication skills in Somali
- Knowledge of the operating context in South and Central Somalia.
- Experience of and ability to represent GREDO work in external meetings
- Knowledge of Somali language and its different dialects
- Experience of community mobilizations, distributions and hygiene promotion
- Ability to work both in an advisory and hands on implementation capacity.
- The capacity and willingness to be extremely flexible, working away from home, and accommodating in difficult and sometimes insecure working circumstances.
- Influencing skills and experience in advocacy.
The responsibilities of the post will require the post holder to have regular contact with children or young people
|Integrity: Honest, encourages openness, transparency and sincere.
NB: All applicants should drop a letter of application and updated CV (including 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position applied for in the subject. The deadline for application deadline is 14/07/2019
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
GREDO is an equal opportunities employer
- Posted by: Somali Jobs Inc
- Company: GREDO- Gargaar Relief and Development Organization
- Location: Anywhere
- State: Bakool - Qoryooley
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: WASH
- Tags: No Tags
3465 total views, 5 today