WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer (Two National position)
POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR WASH COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION AND TRAINING OFFICER
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH).
- Position: WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer (Two National position).
- Location: Jowhar, Somalia.
- Starting date: January, 2019.
- Contract duration: 1 year with 3 months probation.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization which mission it is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character
– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water through rehabilitation water infrastructure, constructing water distribution systems, and constructing rain water reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components such as improvement of sanitary conditions, hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO projects targeting the most vulnerable IDP communities in Mogadishu and around as well as UNICEF WASH projects in rural communities and key community institutions in Banadir, Lower and Middle Shabelle.
PAH in Somalia is looking for a Community Mobilization and Training Officer who will become the part of our WASH program team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- Remains the first link between PAH and beneficiaries in communication about PAH activities, beneficiaries’ feedback and mobilization of communities
- Consults beneficiaries on activities’ design and implementation
- Regularly visits project sites and potential intervention areas to carry out Knowledge Attitude Practice (KAP) surveys in the target areas in order to design appropriate hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion strategies and materials as well as capacity assessments in Administration, Operation and Maintenance (AOM) of Water Hygiene & Sanitation (WASH) services in the target areas with the support and supervision of the Field Project Coordinator
- Participates in the selection process of hygiene promoters, O&M personnel, casual workers
- Organizes, facilitates and supervises trainings of community hygiene promoters, community health workers, WASH committees or similar institutions to strengthen institutional and management capacity of WASH services in the target areas
- Support the hygiene promotion teams in conducting participatory community hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion using Community based approaches
- Implements CLTS in line with the CLTS protocol and monitors the progress of hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion activities and ODF environment in line with the project objectives;
- Participates in water quality testing
- Timely prepares and submits of work plans and required reports
- Ensures networking and coordination of activities with other stakeholders and partners
- Ensures the operational efficiency and effectiveness of all project accounting procedures
- Supports clear internal communication process
- Contributes to the strengthening of PAH accountability
- Performs any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor or Head of Mission
What PAH requires:
- Diploma in WASH and health related fields
- Minimum 2 years experience in WASH
- Knowledge about WASH-related activities especially hygiene promotion and AWD prevention
- Readiness to travel including remote areas
- advanced interpersonal skills
- advanced communication skills
- problem-solving skills
- MS Office very good
- Fluent Somali and at least good knowledge of English
- ability to work under time constrains in stressful environment.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
- CV including work experience and education
- Cover letter
- Your salary offer
- Three referees with their complete contact information
Kindly visit the links below if you are interested.
Deadline for applying is December 26th 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests. Interviews for shortlisted
candidates are planned in Jowhar. Candidates interested in the position must be ready to attend
the interviews and test in Jowhar. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.