WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer (Two positions)
POLISH HUMANITARIAN ACTION IS LOOKING FOR WASH COMMUNITY MOBILIZATION AND TRAINING OFFICER
- Organization: Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH)
- Position: WASH Community Mobilization and Training Officer (Two positions)
- Location: Mogadishu, Somalia.
- Contract duration: Six (6) Months.
Polish Humanitarian Action (PAH) is a non-governmental organization which mission it is to make the world a better place. For over 20 years, we have been providing relief in big and small emergencies worldwide alongside with running long-term missions in several countries in crisis. Our interventions – of both humanitarian and development character
– have been carried out in 44 countries so far. Our focus is on ensuring sustainable and stable development of regions suffering the consequences of war and/or natural disasters. We possess long-standing expertise in Water, Sanitation and Hygiene (WASH), but also implement projects in Food Security and Livelihoods (FSL), as well as Nutrition and Education. For more information, please refer to www.pah.org.pl.
PAH Mission in Somalia:
PAH has been present in Somalia since 2011. With WASH and Nutrition programs PAH supported people from the
most vulnerable communities in different regions in Somalia. Our primary focus was to provide safe drinking water
through rehabilitation water infrastructure, constructing water distribution systems, and constructing rain water
reservoirs. In our work we also focus on other WASH components such as improvement of sanitary conditions,
hygiene promotion to make our WASH interventions fully comprehensive. We are implementing ECHO projects
targeting the most vulnerable IDP communities in Mogadishu and around as well as UNICEF WASH projects in rural
communities and key community institutions in Banadir, Lower and Middle Shabelle.
PAH in Somalia is looking for a Community Mobilization and Training Officer who will become the part of our
WASH program team. The person will hold the following responsibilities:
- implements activities according to plan and guidance of Field Coordinator
- remains the first link between PAH and beneficiaries in communication about PAH activities, beneficiary’s feedback and mobilization of communities
- consults beneficiaries on activities’ design and implementation
- collects and shares feedback from beneficiaries as well as lessons learnt
- regularly visits project sites to monitor the humanitarian situation and impact of PAH interventions and reports regularly on progress and bottlenecks
- carries out Knowledge Attitude Practice (KAP) surveys in the target areas in order to design appropriate hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion strategies and materials as well as capacity assessments in Administration, Operation and Maintenance (AOM) of Water Hygiene & Sanitation (WASH) services in the target areas with the support and supervision of the Field Project Coordinator
- participates in the selection process of hygiene promoters, O&M personnel, casual workers other project beneficiaries
- Organizes, facilitates and supervises trainings of community hygiene promoters, community health workers, WASH committees or similar institutions to strengthen institutional and management capacity of WASH services in the target areas
- Organizes, facilitates community awareness sessions
- Conducts participatory community hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion using Community based approaches
- Implements an appropriate monitoring system for the project CLTS and hygiene and sanitation awareness promotion activities in line with the project objectives;
- Designs and implements an appropriate monitoring system for capacity building activities in the target areas in line with the Action objectives
- Timely prepares and submits of work plans and required reports
- Ensures field staff is informed about the current security situation in the region
- Reports to Security Officer on any security- related incidents or observed threats
- Timely prepares and submits of work plans, activity budgets and required reports
- Assures that the implementation of project activities is in line with the project budget and in a cost efficient manner
- Ensures a smooth and efficient line of communication between senior mission management and beneficiaries
- Oversees work of enumerators
Communication and representation
- Supports clear internal project communications capability
- Participates in coordination meetings upon request
- Performs any other duty assigned by your immediate supervisor or Head of Mission
What PAH requires:
- Diploma in WASH and health related fields
- Minimum 2 years experience in WASH
- Knowledge about WASH-related activities especially hygiene promotion and AWD prevention
- Readiness to travel including remote areas
- advanced interpersonal skills
- advanced communication skills
- problem-solving skills
- MS Office very good
- Fluent Somali and at least good knowledge of English
- ability to work under time constrains in stressful environment.
How to apply:
If you are interested in applying for this position, please send us the following documents:
- CV including work experience and education
- Cover letter
- Your salary offer
- Three referees with their complete contact information
Kindly visit the link below if you interested.
Deadline for applying is September 20th 2018.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted and invited for interviews and tests. Interviews for shortlisted
candidates are planned in Mogadishu in October 2018. Candidates interested in the position must be ready to attend the interviews and test in Mogadishu. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.