This job listing has expired and may no longer be relevant!
|Employment category:Grade 4
Reporting to: Program Manager
Direct reports:Wash Officer
Authorization level:As per IDRA
Advert No DRC2018/037
The Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a humanitarian, non-governmental, non-profit organization which has been operating in Somalia since 1997. DRC has mainly focused on Somalis who are displaced by conflict and natural disaster. DRC programs include Protection, Food security & Livelihoods, Shelter/NFI and Water & Sanitation.
|ABOUT THE JOB
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) Somalia Programmeis seeking for WASH COORDINATOR Somali national who will be based in Baidoa.She/he will be responsible for the implementation and design of the construction aspects of the WASH program including planning of the activities to be implemented, supervision of the activities to ensure that SPHERE minimum standard are met, as well as financial management of these activities, the overall support provided to any of the partner organizations and contractors implementing WASH activities, introducing and representing DRC in community and at WASH cluster level.
|The overall responsibilities
· Develop and implement surveys for need assessments in vulnerable areas focusing water, sanitation, and hygiene and related physical infrastructure needs
- Carry out technical assessments for all typologies of WASH/Infrastructures
- Prepare action plan, list of activities and latrine design in consultation with National WASH & Infrastructure coordinator.
- Ensure that the marginalized/ vulnerable communities, including women, participate in each of the project cycle related to WASH.
- Facilitate trainings on WASH using a participatory approach with high practical involvement
- Prepare regular reports for the supervisor and Country Infrastructure coordinator, and document lessons learned.
- Preparation of weekly, 4W matrix reports, monthly work plans and progress reports
- Assist community committee and community leaders in identifying target groups for WASH/Infrastructure related interventions
- Preparation of drawings (AutoCAD), BoQ/Cost Estimates and Tender documents for all WASH/infrastructures
- Preparation, coordination and Submission of Purchase Order requests(PRs) as per DRC policies and procedures
- to ensure that all the activities are executing as per design, specifications and work schedule
- Extend all possible technical support to other team members and contractors when and where required
- Preparation of feasibility reports and completion certificates
- Verify the work done at site and recommend for the payments to contractor(s)/casual labors etc
- Preparation of all the payment documents, after verification, submission it to procurement department
- Contribute to the standardization of technical designs in line with the other WASH Teams across Somalia/land.
- Participate actively to the WASH/Infrastructure Working Group in DRC Somalia
- Working in harmony with all other project staff and field team for the effective and efficient day-to-day management of the WASH/ infrastructure project in Baidoa
- Coordinate with other stakeholders on the ground for smooth, efficient and effective implementation of the activities
- Ensuring integration of WATSAN, Hygiene and shelter activities through close coordination
- Updating and submission of 4W matrix to National WASH coordinator on monthly basis, or when required
- Report monitoring and evaluation data to relevant department supervisors
- Any other relevant task assigned by supervisor
|Required qualifications and experience:
- University degree/higher diploma in Civil Engineering, or Public Health or related field from a recognized universities.
- Strong understanding of WASH issues in remote areas including IDP settlement
- Experience, preferably a minimum of 3 years, within the field of WASH in Somalia especially south Central Somalia.
- Strong understanding of participatory training methods, community mobilizations and networking
- Experience working in remote areas
- Experience working with local construction materials and any other local resources
- Experience with gender mainstreaming and work with marginalized groups
- Strong managerial team leadership skills
- Demonstrated ability to establish effective and working relations with WASH Cluster and other stakeholders
- Fluent in written and spoken English and Somali languages
In this position, you are expected to demonstrate DRC’s five core competencies:
· Striving for excellence: You focus on reaching results while ensuring an efficient process.
· Collaborating: You are a strong networker and enjoy working with many different types of stakeholders, you involve relevant parties and encourage feedback.
· Taking the lead: You take ownership and initiative while balancing the role of advisor and taking leadership
· Communicating: You write and speak effectively and honestly and display political and cultural sensitivity, including ability to adapt well to local cultures
· Demonstrating integrity: You act in line with our vision and values.
|TERMS AND CONDITIONS
· Availability: June, 2018
· Other terms of employment will be in accordance with DRC terms for National staff,
· The position is open to Nationals ONLY.
Interested & qualified candidates who meet the required qualifications and experience are invited to submit their updated CV and a 1-page Cover letter clearly stating their motivation and why they are suited for the post to drcbaidoa.jobs@DRCSOMALIA.ORGwith the subject heading “WASH COORDINATOR-Baidoa” not later than 30th May 2018.Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the written test & oral interview.
(DRC is an Equal Opportunity Employer)
error: Content is protected !!