WASH Officer II
WASH Officer II (Wajid,Bakol Region)
For Somalia Residents Only
World Vision is an International Relief and Development organization, whose goal is to achieve long-lasting benefits in the quality of life for vulnerable children and their families, displaced persons and communities. World Vision Somalia Program wishes to invite applications from highly competent dynamic, self-driven and results oriented Somalia Residents to fill the following vacancy to be based in Dollow Office.
PROJECT OFFICER II-WASH (Wajid,Bakol Region)
Purpose of the Position:
To supervise construction works and help facilitate in formation and training of water committees with a view of improving accessibility to safe and sustainable water, and enhancing hygiene and sanitation practices in the project area.
- Liaise with all stake holders in conducting periodic assessment and baseline studies
- Analyze context analysis of field realities and operational environment with the view to advocate for maximum stakeholder participation
- Discuss with the community and local authorities and make recommendations on innovative ways that beneficiary communities should adopt for improved management and sustainability of community water and sanitation facilities.
- Coordinate and supervise masonry and concrete construction works at all water and sanitation facilities (Earth dams, Sand dams, institutional latrines, Household latrines, shallow wells, Water pans, boreholes etc.)
- Ensure all the software component (hygiene promotion activities, water transportation & storage facilities distribution etc.) are implemented as per the signed project agreement and the sphere standards.
- Prepare project documentation including bills of quantities, detailed implementation work plans for planned activities, procurement plans and requisitions for required materials to be procured for attention of the immediate supervisor
- Coordinate community mobilization, sensitization
- Assist in formation and training of water and sanitation committees for specific water / sanitation facilities to be developed
- Follow up, inspect and ensure project materials are delivered measure to specified deliveries at field level in timely way.
- Activities which are implemented by contractors are monitored for quality assurance
Information documentation and reporting
- Preparation of end of month narrative progress reports for activities undertaken,
- Preparation of monthly work plans & Cash projections
- Actively participate in by involving stake holders and partners in evaluation of past project
- Document Impact, Sustainability and best practices for WASH projects in the area for learning, sharing and future replication
- Demonstrates well-developed interpersonal skills, excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, as well as negotiation skills
- Must adhere to set security standards
- Ensure a gender perspective in the scope of work
- Perform other duties as required
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Educational level required: Degree in any of the following – Public Health Engineering, Civil Engineering, Water Engineering, Hydro Geology, and Building Construction.
- Technical Training qualifications required: Skills in Community Total Lead Sanitation (CLTS) and/ or Participatory Hygiene and Sanitation Methodology (PHAST) tools.
- Experience: 3 years of experience in Project implementation preferably water and sanitation or/ health.
- Proficiency in the use of MS Office and Engineering Software.
- Fluency in Somali language and English is a must
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Field –based in Wajid
- Travel: 100% Domestic travel is required.