Water and Environmental Engineer
|1. Job Title||Water and Environmental Engineer|
|2. Department||Water Resources|
|Section||Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit|
|3. Assignment Location||Mogadishu, Ministry of Energy and Water Resources|
|4. Grade Level||Grade A, Level 3|
|5. Reporting To||Head of Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit|
|6. Supervisory Responsibility||The water and environmental Engineer will be responsible for the supervision of employees in the Rural Water Supply System Plan & Design Unit.|
|7. Job Purpose||Design, plan, or perform engineering duties in the prevention, control, and remediation of environmental health hazards utilizing various engineering disciplines. Work may include waste treatment, site remediation, or pollution control technology.|
|8. Objectives of the Job||· Characterizing the Rural Water Supply systems
· Evaluating long-term trends in Water Supply Systems.
· Assessing new or emerging issues of Water Supply Systems.
|9. Duties and Responsibilities||The duties and responsibilities Environmental & Water Engineer will be to:
· Design overall schemes, such as rural water points improvement schemes or flood defence programmes, and associated structures, such as pumping stations, pipe work and earthworks.
· Ensure the quality of rural water supply through regular monitoring and evaluation of the project activities and providing technical supports needed on the field and the local communities.
· Implementation of water and environmental sanitation activities in the operation area.
· Applying analytical and design principles for the development of rural water supply system.
· Undertake evaluation of the physical works associated with the rural water supply system
· support other departments within Ministry if needed.
· keep up to date with environmental matters, and be aware of policy and developments in this area
· present technical data or project results to both technical and non-technical colleagues
· gather data from a range of sources through site assessments, environmental monitoring and third party reports
· Evaluate the environmental impact ongoing projects in the Ministry.
|11. Education||· University degree in natural resources management, Environmental Engineering or related area is required.
· Postgraduate qualification in related area an advantage
|12. Experience||Essential experience and skills:
|13. Skills Mix Requirements||· Governance
· Change management
· Leadership and development
· Problem-solving techniques
· Blend of analytical, observational, organizational and networking skills
· Strategic planning and benchmarking
· Project management
· Performance measurement
· Team building and management
· Monitoring and evaluation
· ICT skills
· Report writing
· Excellent oral and written English and Somali languages
|14: Competency Requirements||· Gives objective advice based on sound analysis
· Focuses on outcomes
· Gives purpose and direction
· Thinks strategically
· Involves people in decision-making
· Communicates effectively
· Demonstrates commitment to organization/ corporate decisions
· Displays an intelligent awareness of the political environment
· Prepares plans with clear short and long term objectives
· Functions effectively in a team of professionals
Kindly submit your CV and covering letter to HR@moewr.gov.so cc firstname.lastname@example.org why you are interested in this position and also the skills and experiences you can bring to the position. Your CV letter should also include details of 2 referees.