TOR/ JOB PROFILE
Position: Water Monitor for Buloburde
Report to: Wash Assistant/Officer
Working hours: 8 hours per day for 5 days
Background: Relief International (RI) is a leading non-profit organization working in 20 countries to relieve poverty, ensure well-being and advance dignity. We specialize in fragile settings, responding to natural disasters, humanitarian crises and chronic poverty.
Relief International combines humanitarian and development approaches to provide immediate services while laying the groundwork for long-term impact. Our signature approach — which we call the RI Way—emphasizes local participation, an integration of services, strategic partnerships, and a focus on civic skills. In this way, we empower communities to find, design and implement the solutions that work best for them.
In order to respond to the growing humanitarian crisis and to address both the immediate and transitional health needs of the drought and conflict-affected population, Relief International (RI) is implementing a one-year OFDA Multi-Sectral Response program, To provide multi-sectoral humanitarian assistance that reduces morbidity and mortality and delivers immediate emergency relief to flood/cholera-affected communities in Beletweyne and Belet Hawa district, The program focuses on addressing critical needs in maternal and child health care through operational support to four primary health care facilities in the Beletweyne and Baladhawa district. Throughout the program, RI will continue building the capacity of the local heath work force as well as other local institutions and leaders (e.g. community health promoters) to facilitate the continuation of long-term programming for the Somali people and avoid service interruptions during security hibernations.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Daily supervision and follow up of Hygiene Promotion Activities
- Collection Sample Water for analyses at source and household level.
- Support KAP, Post distribution surveys
- Conduct household water safety and hygiene promotion assessment and build the capacity of local communities for sustainable water safety and hygiene promotion services.
- Organize and Training Wash Committees
- Keep and update the beneficiaries’ database.
- Any other Duties assigned by the Supervisor.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- A certificate in Water Supply, Public Health or related discipline, or equivalent work experience in community water, sanitation and hygiene program.
- At least one year experience in working with an INGO
- Relevant training and experience in Water, Sanitation and hygiene.
- Experience in community social work
- Good report writing and communication skills
We uphold the Humanitarian Principles: humanity, neutrality, impartiality, and operational independence. We affirmatively engage the most vulnerable communities.
- Transparency and Accountability
- Agility and Innovation
HOW TO APPLY:
Applicants should send their applications (CV and cover letter with 3 referees) to firstname.lastname@example.org indicate the title as “Water Monitor for Buloburde” in the subject line.
The closing date for applications is November 11, 2018. Only qualified and shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
RI is an equal opportunity employer. Female candidates are encouraged to apply.