Young Graduate Internship
Hirshabelle State of Somalia.
Hirshabelle State Assembly.
Young Graduate Program Vacancy Announcement
The Hirshabelle Assembly is hiring seven (7) recent graduates for positions supporting the state legislature. Somali citizens who are recent graduates are encouraged to apply, particularly women and marginalized community members.
Description of the Post:
Position: Young Graduate Internship
Supervisor: Secretary General
Job Category: Different Departments
Duty Station: Jowhar, Somalia
Opening Application Date: December 6, 2018
Closing Application date: December 16, 2018
Background The Hirshabelle Assembly has been formed to build an institution dedicated to reconciliation, democratization and to encourage participation in the process of federalism.
To assist in implementing these goals the Hirshabelle Assembly leadership invites young graduates to apply for internship positions.
Scope of Work Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Young Graduate Interns will assist in the parliamentary process. Activities will be both technical and administrative. As listed below.
Under the supervision of the Secretary General the young graduates will assist the Hirshabelle Assembly in the implementation of project activities in following areas
- Administration and Finance
- Planning and coordination
- Public outreach, Media and Public relation
- Institutional development
- ICT (Information and Communication Technology)
- Covering plenary sessions ( events planning, taking Minutes and report writing)
- Legal affairs
- Human resources and logistics
- Must be University graduate
- Proficiency Somali and English
- Computer literate in standard software
- Demonstrated the ability to successfully intact with individuals of different cultural background and beliefs, which includes a willingness to be understanding and tolerant of differing opinions and view.
The Hirshabelle Assembly is equal opportunity employer. Women and marginalized communities are encouraged to apply
- Must be Somali Citizen (Valid ID).
- Must be committed for period ending January 31, 2020
- Must be a recent university graduate
- Must provide a comprehensive CV with three contactable references
- Copy all academic qualifications
- Must be eligible to work in Hirshabelle State
Interested Applications must be send with application letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org and Cc email@example.com for any further instruction if necessary contract Tel: +252 615669997, shortlisted applicants shall be contacted for an interview