Youth Coach (2 Positions)
SOS Children’s Villages International is the umbrella organization to which all SOS Children’s Villages including SOS Children’s Villages Somalia Association is affiliated. SOS Children’s Villages Somalia has officially been working in Somalia since 1985. SOS is currently working in 134 countries worldwide. We are committed to the welfare of children – often throughout the whole of their childhood, and to strengthening families and communities as a preventive measure in the fight against abandonment and social neglect. We also run education and health facilities. With the SOS Children’s Village concept, the organization pioneered a family approach to the long-term care of orphaned and abandoned children. SOS Children’s Villages upholds child protection policy and our selection processes reflect our commitment to the protection of children and youth from abuse.SOS Children’s Village also runs youth empowerment project called “NEXT ECONOMY” for last two years, the project upholds youth who has difficulties to entre labour market through provision of life skills, entrepreneurship skills and employability skills which enables youth to start their own business start-ups or get decent jobs through internship placement.
SOS Currently works in Banadir and Bay/Bakool Regions.
SOS Children’s Villages invites applications from suitably qualified and interested candidates who fulfill the eligibility criterion for the below two positions of Youth Coaches
Job Title: Youth Coach (2 Positions)
The youth coaches are expected to contribute to the guidance and counselling, social development, and to coach the youth on entrepreneur and job reaching.. She/he is supposed to implement social development issue.
Report to: Next Economic Project Officer
Key Area of responsibility:
- Under the management of the Next Economy project officer, plan and organize the implement of the of the project activities line with the budget.
- Contribute to the preparation of annual, quarterly and monthly action plans, and plan assessments and monitoring activities.
- Support training provider/centers on –job- training opportunities for youth.
- Conduct coaching sessions together with the project officer for youth who are benefiting from the projects to define their skill needs, employment prospects and business idea development opportunities and support with the youth as individuals, and sometimes as groups to design their future career decisions
- Keeps up to date the project database and collect information from the youth trainings taking place in the Business Hubs, as well as employment opportunities existing in the job market by carrying out surveys on market and potential employer.
Qualifications and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree in social sciences, Economics (SME development), business studies,
|· Degree or equivalent qualification in a relevant subject area, such as guidance and counselling, social sciences, and social work.|
|· Minimum of 2-3 years relevant work experience in youth programmes, guidance and counselling, entrepreneurship skills programme and social business management.|
|· Experience in implementing youth programme at a managerial level|
|· Excellent command of the main working local language as well as the general country language including both written and verbal.
· Awareness and understanding of social development issue, such as the local and national OVC situation, gender, education, health, HIV/AIDS including the MDGs and SDGs
· Excellent counselling skills
· Good leadership skills
· Good reporting skills
· Good communication and interpersonal skills
Child Safeguarding Policy: SOS Children’s Villages organization is committed to safeguarding the rights of the children and therefore, is expected that every individual who joins with SOS Children’s Villages Somalia understand his/her responsibility in protecting and keeping children always safe
Interested applicants should send their applications with a CV and scanned copies of your academic and professional certificates indicating telephone numbers and three referees to: this email firstname.lastname@example.org
Indicating with subject line of the position.
Closing date is 08th December 2018
Competent Female candidates are encourage to apply.
Only short listed candidates will be contacted.