Youth/Girl Center Manager
- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:1 Aug 2019
- Share job:
Post Title: Youth/Girl Center Manager
Report to: Director of Youth, Ministry of Youth and Sports; Somaliland
Duty station: Gabiley, Somaliland
Duration: 1 year with possibility for extension
Date of issue: 31Th July, 2019
Closing Date: 14Th August, 2019
Ministry of Youth and sport Somaliland is the Government agency mandated to enhance the development and empowerment of adolescent and youth in Somalialnd
In Somaliland 75% of the population are younger than 35 years old, according to population estimates, avenues for youth to obtain education and gainful employment opportunities are limited and opportunities to engage politically, economically, or socially remain weak or non-existent. The space and opportunities are even further restricted for girls and young women. Exclusion has created frustration and demoralization among youth.Gabiley Youth Center is aimed to be one of the physical spaces that provides essential and strategic approach in promoting, empowering, mobilizing, educating, and fostering youth participation and engagement in Gabiley region.
The center will provide a number of integrated services and requires a dynamic individual who will be able to lead the center to excellence.
The center manager reports to the director of Youth at the Ministry of Youth and Sport Somalilandand will manage the day to day implementation of activities in the center, ensure planning, coordination and reporting of the center services.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee the center operations and programs.
- Management of trainings, workshops, awareness raising and supervision of the overall activitiesof Youth/Girl Center
- Develop, plan, and implement year round programs and activities.
- Responsible for the marketing of center programs and activities to organizations working in the area and to donors.
- Oversee outreach and in reach events
- Responsible for the budget of the center and its disbursements and reporting.
- Participates in meetings and be part of all youth forums and discussions across the country and the region in particular
- Provide excellent customer service to youth (mainly disadvantaged girls)and address their suggestions/concerns as needed.
- Volunteer to attend and speak at sexual reproductive health meetings, or any other Covenant Youth and Girls related functions.
- Strives to improve systems, policies, and procedures.
- Holds monthly meetings for the staff of the center
- Ensure creativity and innovation of the center.
- Supervise staff at the center and ensure attendance is maintained.
- Organize periodic technical review of the center performance.
- Assist in preparation of events and exhibition in the center.
- Provide information to donors about the center
- Participate the quarterly Youth Working Group Meetings held by Somaliland Ministry of Youth and Sports
- Prepare and submitquarterly based progress reports with clear results based indicators.
- With support from the director of youth of the Ministry of Youth and Sports, present the mid-term (every six months) achievements of the center to the ministry officials (minister, DG).
- Ensure effective collaboration with all government institutions in Gabiley (most notably; Gabiley municipality, office of the governor and other regional representatives)
Bachelor degree in public health, social science or education with minimum of 2 years’ experience in relevant field.
Knowledge and experience
- At least 2 years of previous (work or volunteer) experience working with youth
- Strong documentation and communication skills.
- Work successfully with people from diverse ethnic and racial backgrounds and lifestyles
- Familiarity with Gabiley Regional/District Community (Specially Youth)
- Excellent facilitation and consensus building skills
- Experience with data collection, analysis and evaluation skills
- Work both independently and as a team player
- Treat a variety of people with respect and compassion
- Proficiency in basic computer skills
Fluency in oral and written English. Fluency of the Somali language is a top priority.
If you think you are a great fit, please submit your application and a detailed CV to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 14/August 2019 with the subject line indicating the title you are applying for
NB: An applicant must be a Somaliland national.
NB: Female professionals are encouraged to apply.An applicant must be a Somaliland national.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1880 total views, 2 today