Job ID: #2686449
Career Categories: Program/Project Management
Years Of Experience: 3-4 years
Closing date: 15 Jul 2018
Trócaire works in over 20 developing countries across Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Middle East to bring about lasting change to communities .Trócaire envisages a just and peaceful world where; people’s dignity is ensured and rights are respected; basic needs are met and resources are shared equitably; people have control over their own lives; those in power act for the common good.
In Somalia, Trocaire has been providing humanitarian and development support since 1992, with a focus on the Gedo region. The programme provide basic support in healthcare, nutrition and education in five districts – Belet Xaawa, Dollow, Luuq, Garbahareey and Burdhubo.
Trocaire is responding to the need to build and strengthen the basic package of health services and emergency response activities which will maximise the impact of expansion of EPHS services in Garbaharey district. This will include leveraging on existing WASH interventions targeting schools, health facilities and IDP camps to reduce the risks of outbreaks.
In responding to this need, the programme is recruiting a Zonal Coordinator who will be responsible for coordinating district health services and ensuring delivery of quality health and nutrition services in collaboration with the MoH/DHB/DHMT and all other stakeholders in respective districts.
For the candidate with the required experience and passion for the role, Trócaire offers a competitive package of salary and benefits.
Reporting to Program Coordinator this is a fixed term for one year and is based in Garbaharey District Gedo region of Somalia.
Safeguarding Children Policy:
The successful applicant will be expected to sign up to and adhere to Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policy.
Key Duties & Responsibilities
· Preparing weekly, monthly and quarterly financial reports and ensuring that expenditure incurred is within the budget limits and following financial procedures.
· Requisition of zonal financial expenditure requirements as planned or as per routine expenses
· Preparing and reconciliation of Zonal floats for submission to the Nairobi finance department
· Ensuring that transactions are fully supported, approved and properly filed.
· Ensuring that payment requests are in line with the finance procedures and that the procedures are used to guide the financial operations in the office.
· Prepare and submit the Zones payroll preparation for processing in Nairobi office as delegated and in a timely manner.
· In charge of all programme funds/requisitions transferred to field administrators as approved from Nairobi office. Ensure that surrender is done timely with proper documentations
· Actively follow-up health facilities to ensure that data is received on time, having been verified by the relevant coordinators for accuracy and quality and will raise queries with regards to any obvious gaps or anomalies.
· Responsible for drafting and compiling Zonal facility monthly and quarterly reports and ensuring timely submission of the same to Programme manager.
· Review and ensure proper data entry at all levels of the health programme and will ensure that each unit has clearly maintained documentation of health data in hard copy registers and reports.
· With the help of Field Program Coordinator prepare statistical reports and graphic presentations of information for internal and external reports in a timely manner
· Conduct regular backup of the health data on a reliable media to preserve the institutional records.
· Will be involved in ensuring timely collection, compilation, recording in the HMIS database and transmission of data to FPC and other relevant stakeholders for analysis and action.
· Participate in organizing relevant HMIS training for health staff in Gedo Region and provide on job training and supportive supervision to all Health Workers on HMIS protocols.
· Update the organization on the current staffing and keep record of the zones facilities staff.
· Prepare staff duty roasters in consultation with hospital matron and other DHMT members.
· Up-grade knowledge and skills of the health personnel in the hospital and MCHs through job training and mentoring to nurse, midwives and auxiliaries.
· Support the MoH/DHB in recruitment of health workers at the zone.
· Plan, manage, supervise and evaluate all programs under his/her care
· Support and assist in the design and implementation of health and nutrition programmes in the district through monitoring/supervisory visits to the health facilities in collaboration with MoH/DHB/DHMT on monthly basis
· Responsible for direct management of the entire health and nutrition programmes and managing staff in collaboration with the DHB/DHMT and consultation with Health and Nutrition coordinator and Health programmes manager
· Discus as well as coordinate health programs with MoH/DHB/DHMT/VHC on routine basis
· Coordinate inter-agency/local authority health meeting in respective district
· Ensure donor reporting guidelines are adhered to by the health and nutrition teams
· Assess the health priorities within an area by estimation from available data and by means of simple surveys.
Advocacy and Communication
· Support health and nutrition teams to gather lessons learnt, best practice and stories of change across the programme.
· Advisory role to MoH/DHB/DHMT in planning and organization of the following services in consultation with Community Liaison Coordinator and Program Coordinator.
· Ensure adequate supplies of programme running materials/stationary at all levels and compile procurement requisitions on quarterly.
· In charge receiving and distribution of programme supplies up to their final destinations and ensure proper documentation to support the activity.
· Maintain and regularly update an accurate fixed assets register for the Zone.
· To control and monitor drugs and other medical equipment are constantly present and correctly working in the hospital
Person Specification – Essential Requirements
· Master’s Degree in public health or development studies
· Minimum four years’ experience in working in health programmes in hardship environments preferably with an international NGO
· Leadership and good interpersonal skills including the ability to listen; negotiation skills at different levels; flexible and adaptable to work under unstable environments and under pressure with limited support
· Strong writing and excellent communication skills in English and Somali.
· Good computer skills (Microsoft Office).
· Ability to work to a high standard in a multicultural team lead and to motivate MoH/DHB members and staff to achieve programme results
· Strong problem-solving skills, analytical skills, ability to work under pressure and good communication skills.
· Ability to work with minimum supervision
· Flexible and willing to work additional hours to ensure that the required results are delivered.
· High level of reliability, objectivity and honesty
· Willingness to work in Somalia environment in unsocial hours and harsh conditions
· Proven strategic and innovative thinker, recognising and ensuring individual strengths of the team are fully involved in planning, implementation and analysis processes
· Proficiency in Somalia is an added advantage
All new hires are required to complete a Self-Declaration Form and sign up to our Code of Behaviour contained in our Safeguarding Children Policy. For additional information please consult the Human Resources Department in our Head Office.
HOW TO APPLY:
For detailed Job Description, requirements and details of the positions, interested applicants should visit and apply through https://www.trocaire.org/about/work-with-trocaire/jobs by 15th July 2018 . Prospective applicants must be committed to safeguarding children and adults against all forms of exploitation and abuse by signing Trócaire’s Safeguarding Policy.