Assistant Audio Technician
- Job category: Technician Affairs
- Post date:24 Jul 2019
- Share job:
BBC Media Action is the BBC’s international development charity. We use the power of media and communication to help reduce poverty and support people in understanding their rights. Our aim is to inform, connect and empower people around the world. We work in partnership with broadcasters, governments, non-governmental organizations and donors to share reliable, timely and useful information.
We seek to recruit the following five positions for a new governance project, designed to contribute to ‘increasing participation and trust in political processes among Somali citizens’. BBC Media Action will use media and communications to enhance engagement in political and civic processes in Somalia through increasing knowledge and understanding about political and civic rights, responsibilities, processes and issues, as well as creating space for constructive dialogue. All roles will be based in our office in Hargeisa and travel around Somalia will be required.
All roles will be offered on an 18 month contract.
“The role may involve working with groups of vulnerable adults. For the successful candidate, mandatory training will be provided on BBC Media Action’s safeguarding policy and staff code of conduct. A police background check may form part of the recruitment process. BBC Media Action operates a zero-tolerance policy concerning all forms of abuse and exploitation of vulnerable people.”
To apply for any of these jobs get a full job description from this links: www.somalijobs.net or ‘’www.reliefweb.com, press jobs, then Somalia.
Submit your CV and a covering letter by email to email@example.com by 10 PM on August 7th, 2019
Only shortlisted candidates will be notified.
Assistant Audio Technician
- Produce creative programmes in multi-media formats which inform and engage audiences around key development issues.
- Strengthen the media sector through building professional capacity and infrastructure.
- Assist the Audio Technician in achieving the highest quality recording of all interviews, discussions and drama, both in the studio and outside
- To be responsible for highest quality and accurate recording and editing of all required pre-recorded FX, on time
- To be responsible for advising the producer on the best options available to realise his or her intentions in recording and mixing
- To take responsibility for keeping an accurate record of the producer’s choices made during recording, so that they can be enacted in editing
- To take responsibility for the highest quality editing of the drama
- To be responsible, with the Audio Technician and the Producer, for mixing the interviews, discussions and drama to the highest production values, ensuring the full audibility of all dialogue
- Comply with BBC Media Action’s risk assessment processes
- Willingness and ability to travel within Somaliland and Somalia
- Demonstrable experience of radio programme production in the Somali context
- Demonstrable, high-level technical recording and editing skills
- Substantive experience of working in a team of creative & support staff
- An understanding of core BBC values of impartiality, independence and accuracy
- Ability to work on own initiative and organise time effectively within a range of often conflicting deadlines. Capacity to juggle competing priorities and a busy programme of work while working to an agreed strategy
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and influencing skills
- Good working knowledge of computer packages including Adobe Audition, Email and Word
- Excellent written and spoken Somali, English language skills an advantage
- Commitment to the aims and objectives of BBC Media Action
- Planning and Organisation – Is able to think ahead in order to establish an efficient and appropriate course of action for self and others. Prioritises and plans activities taking into account all the relevant issues and factors such as deadlines and resources requirements
- Decision Making – Is ready and able to take the initiative, originate action and be responsible for the consequences of the decision made
- Resilience – Can maintain personal effectiveness by managing own emotions in the face of pressure, set backs or when dealing with provocative situations. Can demonstrate an approach to work that is characterised by commitment, motivation and energy
- Influencing and Persuading – Ability to present sound and well-reasoned arguments to convince others. Can draw from a range of strategies to persuade people in a way that results in agreement or behaviour change
- Gains the respect of the team by the excellence of their work. Puts the effectiveness of the team above their own personal interests
- Communication – able to get one’s message understood clearly by adopting a range of styles, tools and techniques appropriate to the audience and the nature of the information
- Flexibility – adapts and works effectively with a variety of situations, individuals or groups. Able to understand and appreciate different and opposing perspectives on an issue, to adapt an approach as the requirements of a situation change, and to change or easily accept changes in one’s own organisation or job requirements
- Creative Thinking – able to transform creative ideas into practical reality. Can look at existing situations and problems in novel ways and come up with creative solutions
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1155 total views, 1 today