- Job category: Management/Leadership
- Post date:3 Oct 2019
- Share job:
IBS Bank is a sharia compliant commercial bank licensed by the Central Bank of Somalia. The Bank’s mission is to be a trans-formative financial solutions provider for a better society, and has a vision to be the leading and innovative international Islamic Financial Institution (IFI). As a peoples’ bank, it positions itself as an attractive place to work in.
THE POSITION: Management Accountant
A Management Accountant prepares, develops and analyses financial information to allow the organization to make well-informed decisions to ensure future stability, profitability and growth. Management Accountants establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, and are an integral function to inform management colleagues on all aspects of company finance. The role combines accounting skills with effective management and concise communication to both financial and non-financial management.
A Management Accountant’s role is to look ahead, analyzing business performance advising on how to pre-empt problems and adapt to changing circumstances and developments.
The overall aim for a Management Accountant is to improve value in all areas of the business by managing and reducing operational and production costs and implementing the most effective strategies as well as creating sufficient awareness in income performance as to cause good results.
Position: Management Accountant
Job type: Full time
The position reports to the GM Finance and Strategy
Management Accountant role, duties and responsibilities
A Management Accountant will be expected to perform the following tasks:
- Produce financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries
- Communicate performance trends and follow up to ensure timely and effective interventions are taken to improve
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting both short term and medium/long term, as well as assessing and reporting on the impact of strategies and products.
- Provide management reporting for decision-making, including project appraisal, evaluation and post-implementation analysis
- Advise and assist with information to help in pricing of products in consultation with business.
- Ongoing review of cash flow and production of forecasts
- Produce annual statutory accounts in management accounts format.
- Negotiating on major projects, loans and grants
- Manage capital expenditure by assessing benefits and costs, priority and checking against budgets.
- Report on company assets and liabilities including balance sheet account reconciliations and review of intangible assets
- Ensure compliance with all financial regulations
- Attract, manage and retain high performing accountants, including day-to-day communication, support, training and motivation as well as succession planning and performance management
- Carry out continuous reviews of working accounting practices and processes to ensure efficient and cost effective operations.
We are looking for a person with the passion and energy to drive the purpose of the job with the following qualifications:
A degree in one of the following fields: Accountancy, Finance, as well as possess professional qualifications in accountancy issued by an internationally recognized body. Computer skills are necessary
- Qualified Accountant with minimum 3 years’ experience
- Proventechnical ability
- Understanding of modern management information systems
- Ability to manage, delegate, motivate, monitor and control team activity
- Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with both financial and non-financial management and a good team player
- Demonstrate a good degree of Intellect with a strong commercial acumen and self-driven qualities.
If you believe you meet the above specifications, send your application letter and curriculum vitae mentioning your current/last work with copies of your credentials before 31 October 2019, to: email@example.com or Liban.firstname.lastname@example.org
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
2059 total views, 5 today