RE-ADVERTISEMENT: TENDER NOTICE FOR LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDERS – PROCUREMENT OF BRAND NEW 2020/2021 4 TON LW400FN/LW400KN WHEEL LOADER FOR BEER JANAALE FARMER COOPERATIVE OF BURAO DISTRICT, TOGDHEER REGION, SOMALILAND
- Job category: Tender/Bid/RFQ/RFP
- Post date:19 Jul 2021
- Share job:
TENDER NOTICE FOR LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDERS – PROCUREMENT OF BRAND NEW 2020/2021 4 TON LW400FN/LW400KN WHEEL LOADER FOR BEER JANAALE FARMER COOPERATIVE OF BURAO DISTRICT, TOGDHEER REGION
1.1 Agriculture Development Organisation (ADO)
The Agricultural Development Organization (ADO) was established in 1993 in Burao, focusing on relief and rehabilitation to assist the returnee population who had their homes and livelihoods destroyed during the civil war in the 1980s. Since its establishment, ADO has expanded its activities and has ventured into early recovery and development. ADO has its Head Office in Hargeisa with the regional branch offices in Burao, Borama, and Erigavo of Togdheer, Awdal, and Sanaag regions. ADO is an active member of the leading local umbrella groups, namely, NAGAAD, SOLPAF, and SONSEF.
ADO approach is based on a bottom-up process throughout all the project cycles; it is a community-driven and people-centered approach. Besides, ADO’s developmental and programmatic approach is based on a rights-based, pro-poor, and people-centered methodology, which is the core philosophy inherent in ADO’s development approach. ADO’s approach is an innovative community-based participatory learning approach that empowers marginalized groups to be engaged in areas that affect their lives.
However, ADO also strongly collaborates with the Environment Network, Human Rights Network, and Food Security Network. Currently, the organization is in close partnership with European Union, Darwin Initiative, UNDP, UNHCR, ISF Finland, UN SHF, Development Fund (DF), Norway, and KNH Germany. For the past three decades, ADO has made sustainable changes to the livelihoods of the rural communities, cyclone and drought-affected people, people with disabilities, women, and youth living in Somaliland. The programmatic areas of ADO targets:
- Increasing access to assets: land, water, and human capital;
- Making smallholder farmers more productive;
- Improving access to financial services;
- Enhancing the performance of producer organizations;
- Enhancing human knowledge to adapt and mitigate climate changes, stressors, and shocks;
- Promoting agricultural extension, innovation to science research, and technology.
- Project Background
In partnership with the International Solidarity Foundation (ISF), ADO had established cooperation and partnership through the project named “Enhancing Agro-pastoral Communities’ Livelihood Resilience in Togdheer Region, Somaliland.” In 2016 – 2021. The project had introduced and utilized Climate-Smart Agriculture approaches. This approach guides actions needed to transform and reorient agricultural systems to effectively support the development and ensure food security in a changing climate. ADO applied this approach to tackle poverty and food insecurity applying the Climate Smart Agriculture approach to increasing agricultural productivity and incomes of Beer farmers, adapting and building resilience to climate change, and adapting and mitigating the adverse climate change effects.
In collaboration with ISF, ADO had successfully implemented positive and impactful projects in the Beer and Beerato villages of the Togdheer region to tackle poverty and increase crop production capacities. While reducing food insecurity, adaptation to climate change and mitigation empowered women by providing viable diversified economic sources (i.e., vegetable production and savings) using the smart agriculture technology of greenhouse farming technology and self-help group approach.
The direct project beneficiaries were 400 farmer households living in Beer and 200 persons who directly benefited from the project through training, community seed banking, and village committees empowered and capacitated via resource management, climate change adaptation, and conflict resolution pieces of training.
Therefore, ADO and ISF plan to procure one brand new machine of 4 Ton LW400FN or LW400KN wheel loader for the Beer Janaale farmer cooperative in the Togdheer region. The main objective of procuring this machine is to rehabilitate/excavate dams, construct canals, perform land clearance, and soil bunds construction in Beer for the Janaal farmer cooperative. The ADO use project fund, including community contribution for procuring this machine to ensuring the project’s sustainability and creating a sense of ownership among the project beneficiaries.
- INVITATION TO TENDER
|Organization||AGRICULTURAL DEVELOPMENT ORGANIZATION – ADO|
|Task||TENDER NOTICE FOR LOCAL SERVICE PROVIDER – PROCUREMENT OF 4 TON LW400FN or LW400KN WHEEL LOADER FOR BEER JANAALE FARMER COOPERATIVE OF BURAO DISTRICT, TOGDHEER REGION|
|Location||ADO Office in Hargeisa|
|Application Deadline||July 24, 2021|
|Request for Tender Documents||a. Would you please send an email requesting for the tender document to: firstname.lastname@example.org . The heading of the email should be: “REQUEST PROCUREMENT OF BRAND NEW 4 TON LW400FN OR LW400KN WHEEL LOADER FOR BEER JANAALE FARMER COOPERATIVE OF BURAO DISTRICT, TOGDHEER REGION.”. b. Alternatively, bidders can collect hard copies of the tender documents from the ADO office Address: Sha’ab Area, Near Regional Court Hargeisa.|
|Submission of Tenders||a) Completed, sealed, signed, and stamped tender documents should be submitted to the ADO office in Hargeisa before the deadline: July24, 2021, will not be considered. b) Heading of the email should be: PROCUREMENT OF 4 TON LW400FN or LW400KN FOR BEER JANAALE FARMER COOPERATIVE OF BURAO DISTRICT, TOGDHEER REGION c) IMPORTANT: Offers submitted in any other manner than that indicated above will not be considered.|
|Opening of Tenders||Tender evaluation will be done in two stages: a) Stage one: The bidders’ documents will be evaluated by a team of ISF, ADO, and Janaale Farmer Cooperative based on five (5) fairest bids on July 26, 2021. b) Stage two: The selected five (5) bidders by a team of ISF, ADO, and Janaale Farmer Cooperative (from stage one) will be re-evaluated based on their Technical Proposals and bidding documents submitted, including the price, quality of the machine, experience, and company profile. The successful bidder will be selected for the award of the contract on July 27, 2021.|
4. Criteria for selection:
- Company profile
- Quality, product year, and price
- Guarantee years
- Extra implements and accessories attached
- Duration of product delivery
- Your bid documents MUST indicate for stage two:
The bids must satisfy the following conditions among the minimum criteria for evaluation by being accompanied by the following documentation:
- Bidders must provide evidence and references from clients for previous similar work in Somaliland (certified copies of procurements of similar 4 TON LW400FN or LW400KN WHEEL LOADER undertaken within last three years;
- Proof of financial capacity for the similar magnitude of the task undertaken in the last three years (6 months’ certified/stamped copies of bank statements that show balances/dealings of USD 100,000 transactions for the past two years, and demonstrate a sound transaction track record.
- A certified and Valid Copy of Registration Certificates/Trading Licenses from the relevant Somaliland Government Authority;
- A certified Tax Compliance from relevant Somaliland Government Authority;
- The guarantee period of the 4 TON LW400FN OR LW400KN WHEEL LOADER;
- The additional accessories and implements that the 4 TON LW400FN OR LW400KN WHEEL LOADER has will be a value-adding the buyer will consider.
4.1 Further Information to bidders:
- The currency of the offer should be strictly in US Dollars for the machine.
- The bidder must include the transportation cost of the machine to Beer village of Burao district, Togdheer region.
- Incomplete offers or offers which do not comply with any of our tender conditions will not be considered.
- Quotations should remain valid for at least 30 calendar days after the closure of the tender.
- It is the Agency’s policy to keep all tender values in confidence.
——- NAGUSOO BIIR — SOMALI JOBS————-
Facebook Group: https://www.facebook.com/groups/somalijobs
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
636 total views, 1 today