Accounting & Finance Supervisor – Mogadishu, Somalia
- Job category: Accountant/Finance/Budget Affairs
- Post date:3 Jan 2021
- Job expires in: 20 days
- Share job:
Position: Accounting & Finance Supervisor
Location: Mogadishu, Somalia
Job Type: Full Time
Language: English and Somali.
About Our Company: Kheyraad General trading Company is one of the leading furniture companies in Somalia with its headquarters in Mogadishu and a presence in all the regions in Somalia. Founded in 1984, the company’s key areas of operation are furniture and interior décor. Kheyraad General trading Company brings more than 30 years of experience furniture products. It is proud of having skilled and motivated team members who are highly committed to producing quality products and implementing positive change. Our “do it right the first time” attitude is matched with the company’s modern equipment to produce quality products with innovative designs. Kheyraad General Trading Company main purpose is to significantly increase its efficiency and remain competitive in today’s ever-changing marketplace.
Duties of the Accounting & Finance Supervisor:
Prepare balance sheets, profit and loss statements and other financial reports. Responsibilities also include analyzing trends, costs, revenues, financial commitments and obligations incurred to predict future revenues and expenses. The candidate reports organization’s finances to management and offers suggestions about resource utilization, tax strategies and assumptions underlying budget forecasts.
This job requires a bachelor’s degree or higher and two or more years of experience in the field or in a related area, familiar with standard concepts, practices and procedures. The individual must be able to rely on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals and perform a variety of tasks. Work under general supervision and a certain degree of creativity and latitude is required. The candidate reports directly to the Manager.
- Manage the monthly/quarterly/yearly financial close process, including ensuring all costs incurred are properly recorded, reviewing journal entries, account balance reconciliations and report preparation.
- Plan, implement and supervise the company’s financial strategy.
- Create financial reports based on data analysis.
- Actively review and advise on financial/accounting processes.
- Prepare asset, liability and capital account entries by compiling and analyzing account information.
- Document financial transactions by entering account information.
- Summarize current financial status by collecting information; preparing balance sheet, profit and loss statement and other reports.
- Maintain accounting controls by preparing and recommending policies and procedures.
- Secure financial information by completing database backups.
- Produce error-free accounting reports and present their results.
- Provide input into department’s goal setting process.
- Develop and document business processes and accounting policies to maintain and strengthen internal controls.
Top skills & proficiencies:
- Reporting Skills
- Attention to Detail
- Reporting Research Results
- Time Management
- Data Entry Management
- Planning and Organizing
- Scheduling and Monitoring
- Communication Skills
- Problem Analysis and Problem-Solving Skills
Qualifications & Experience:
- Two or more years of work experience in an accounting or finance role.
- Experience with accounting software, ERP systems and databases.
- Superior data management and data analysis skills.
- Financial data confidentiality & company privacy.
- Meet deadlines and project budgets.
- Thorough knowledge of basic accounting procedures and principles.
- Awareness of business trends.
- Experience with creating financial statements.
- Experience with general ledger functions and the month-end/year end close process.
- Excellent accounting software user and administration skills.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Aptitude for numbers and quantitative skills.
How to Apply:
Qualified female candidates are encouraged to apply for this role.
Please send your cover letter, CV and credentials to the email address of our company Kheyraadfurnitures@gmail.com. The closing date is 3rd February 2021. Please indicate the position title in the subject line of your email message.
Apply for this Job
- No Tags
1937 total views, 23 today